D.K.M.Tirpitz 1/350 Tamiya Kit Motor equiped

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
Saxondog
Captain

D.K.M.Tirpitz 1/350 Tamiya Kit Motor equiped

Post by Saxondog »

I built this ship before my membership on this forum,it was done at a time when my resources were different. The paintwork is average,a descent job but not as detailed as the HMS HOOD. Ironically the confrontation between Bismarck and Hood , Prince of Wales demonstrated the Royal Navies ability to "put to sea"a ship with a green crew,the Tirpitz was held back from that sortie due to her training requirement not being completed.

Yet the Prince of Wales achieved several hits on Bismarck and survived with considerable damage and mechanical troubles.

Excellent research site for the Bismarck and Tirpitz, including excellent paintwork drawings and Pictures
http://www.bismarck-class.dk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Norway 1943
Norway 1943
DKM Tirpitz 009.JPG
DKM Tirpitz 010.JPG
DKM Tirpitz 012.JPG
DKM Tirpitz 015.JPG
DKM Tirpitz 023.JPG
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
caddyshack
Sergeant

Re: D.K.M.Tirpitz 1/350 Tamiya Kit Motor equiped

Post by caddyshack »

Great little model you have there Sax :clap: . Some more close up shots of her would be nice to see.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Saxondog
Captain

Re: D.K.M.Tirpitz 1/350 Tamiya Kit Motor equiped

Post by Saxondog »

I'll certainly post a few more the Ariel lines were difficult to make and I have those to install and the decking at the Bow yet to complete.Thanks for the praise,it was a nice kit to build,I will admit I have many more ships than tanks.

But I'm gaining ground on the tanks,Just promised the wife no more kits until I FINISH what I have,Arizona 1/350 close to completed,then 1/200 Arizona,but that ship will take a year,Im doing the Porsche KT now as well,but I'll get the Tirpitz finished soon and post some pics.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people

Return to “Warships”