MPC German E-Boat S-10

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
Saxondog
Captain

MPC German E-Boat S-10

Post by Saxondog »

I was lucky to obtain this out of production kit of the early S-Boats(E-Boats in Britain) of the first design series. I have been wanting to build a large scale version so this is a good start.

The now gone RCCOMMAND did offer a 1/40 scale much later version with armored command bridge and fully enclosed forward torpedo tubes. Will it is a slow start,and the lower hull is in need of another coat of flat black. Also a camo picture of the real boat and a later version boat.
German Schellboot camo.jpg
German E Boat S 7 13.jpg
German E Boat S10 012.JPG
German E Boat S10 013.JPG
German E Boat S10 014.JPG
German E Boat S10 015.JPG
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: MPC German E-Boat S-10

Post by littletankman »

Hi . Have you heard about this.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... NeF-1dL5zw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A sad reminder of operation Tiger.

Andy
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Only last night did I find that article,it is very sad. Thanks for the link Andy. Sax
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

After researching the German S-Boats, especially the early series like this version I changed the paintwork and decided to spend some time recently on this kit. I generally take a while on ship models as the parts are very Labor intensive,and require alot of cleaning and fitting to obtain a decent model. Here are a few pictures taken while watching Star Trek and relaxing building the tube launchers.
Schnellboot S10 005.JPG
Schnellboot S10 007.JPG
Schnellboot S10 008.JPG
Schnellboot S10 033.JPG
Schnellboot S10 041.JPG
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Added some detail parts,Torpedo Tube Hatches which were very difficult to assemble. Also the Loaders hatches seem to be somehow wrong,to open enough for the Torpedo to load the hatches are prevented from swinging 90 deg. as they are to close to the Command Bridge? The Operators handle on the Depth Charge racks were difficult as well to assemble,but do add a nice detail to this build.

The railing on the Anti= Aircraft mount was very difficult to assemble,but after some time spent assembling each joint,to the upright station post the finished result makes it worth the effort. The mast behind the main command cabin has a pivot post type support,this was not to difficult to build,the rear hatch and wooden step platform also add nice detailing.

Here are a few more pictures.
Schnellboot 003.JPG
Schnellboot 005.JPG
Schnellboot 007.JPG
Schnellboot 010.JPG
Schnellboot 027.JPG
Schnellboot 028.JPG
Schnellboot 029.JPG
Schnellboot 030.JPG
Schnellboot 047.JPG
Schnellboot 049.JPG
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Thats a neat E-Boat your building there Sax, is it an RC Model.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

No, I've seen a few this scale on Ytube that were RC. I would prefer the later model S100 in 1/35 scale to Rc. I have two PT109 in large scale. One Built 20+ years ago which is RC and one in the Box.

But this is still a neat build,I usually build Battleships or Battle cruisers, in researching the S=Boats I've learned alot about them,the Royal Navy used these after WWII for undercover operations in the Baltic Sea region.

I also learned they were the fastest warships in the world during WWII, and one of the cover ups of that war as well involved an S-Boat sinking a troop ship during a practice exercise for D=Day. Almost 1000 soldiers killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnellboot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Schnellbott Mercedes add.jpg
Schnellbott Mercedes add.jpg (7.56 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
Schnellboot typ S100.jpg
Schnellboot typ S100.jpg (11.75 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Completed Model Schnellboot S-10 as Built and launched pre-war. Have re-Started 1/350 H.M.S.Hood Early War Version. Also cleaning and completing My 1/350 D.M.K.Tirpitz Mid-War Arctic Patrol,Lone Queen of the North. Just clearing my head for my assembly of the 1/6 scale Tiger,finally have the last parts being delivered in three weeks. Thanks to Dietrich for his excellent support of my 1/6 scale design work.

cheers Saxondog
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 003.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 004.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 005.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 007.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 008.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 013.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 015.JPG
Schnellboot S10 COMPLETE 016.JPG
Rogue Sub
Private

Post by Rogue Sub »

Hey bud. Saw you had a preference for a s100. I have an out of production 1/32 scale S100 thats been sitting around for years if your interested. Oh and its intended for rc.
All I need is a tank that can dive like a sub and shoot torpedoes.
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

Sax, thats a fantastic job that you have done on that E boat. Always fancied an JFK WW2 MTP Boat, but there expensive.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )

Return to “Warships”