1/96 warships

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
ddskipper
Recruit

1/96 warships

Post by ddskipper »

Done building 1/96 scale warships for the Flying Heritage and Armor Museum in Everett WA. and now after 5 years back to building 1/6 scale tanks. First was the IJN Musashi, then the USS Indianapolis, and finally the USS Hornet depicting her with Jimmy Doolittle's B-25s for the Tokio raid. The Musashi was entirely scratch built, the Indy was 90% scratch with the AA guns being bought from a 3D vendor. The Hornet was the same with the 20 mm guns in 3D, the B-25s were redone to back date to the early model plus had to build landing gear as they were 1/100 scale display diecast planes. Took 5 years to go through these but want to work on my own projects now!
Musashi.jpg
Musashi.jpg (32.93 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Indy.JPG
Indy.JPG (49.92 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Hornet.jpg
Hornet.jpg (30.16 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/96 warships

Post by square4 »

Good looking models, nice to see the Musashi done for a change. :thumbup: :clap:
I never finish anyth
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Just WOW!!! and us 16th tank guys whinge about space problems !! 8O
Astounding work :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello DDskipper,

Very, very nice models. Impressive with incredible devotion needed to complete them! We lived in Puget Sound for 12 years. From 2000 to 2008 in South Everett. Just as we were moving back to the Mid West, FHAM moved into their new buildings over at Paine Field. Our house was under their flight path, and as we drove off in the moving van I was treated to the sight of of Mr. Allen's Hellcat, Mustang, and Storch passing overhead. The potential for being able to sit in the backyard smoking a cigar and watching war birds fly overhead was the hardest part of leaving! :'( :(

Did you know Art Unruh? He just passed away in January 2021. I was proud to have met him and call him a friend. He was a Docent at the museum when it was still up at Arlington. I was treated to many tours of the museum by him, including sneaking me into the workshop to see the Bf 109 E-3 being worked on. It was great to meet the 5 man team from England, who were some of the few who still know the way around a DB601. Unfortunately, my last tour of the museum was before Mr. Allen started collecting armor. He only had his Kettenkrad at this point. At any rate, it's a small World and great skills you have there!

Cheers,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
ddskipper
Recruit

Post by ddskipper »

Yes, we are so fortunate to have such a great museum here in the Pacific Northwest. I did meet Art a few times as the curator Adrian would have me go over each model with the Docents as I brought it over so that they could understand what all it took to build each ship so that they could answer any questions that people might have about them. They have so many more ships they want built but my hands and eyes are as good as they used to be. LOL So am back to just having fun on my own projects. Thanks for the response and praise Eric.

Return to “Warships”