Graupner HMS Belfast

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Graupner HMS Belfast

Post by Vanguard »

Years ago I used to be into rc warships, after playing world of warships the bug is back, so I looked around for a model to buy. I found HMS Belfast 1-150 by Graupner what a stunning model awesome detail just what I was after. To my dissapointment Graupner are having financial problems and arnt producing the model or any of the premium models :(. I have looked high and low and can't find one anywhere, so now I'm thinking of a Trumpeter 1-200 HMS Hood and fitting rc gear, a bit more work though not straight forward.
Attachments
2205_Belfast_023.jpg
2205_Belfast_023.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 5792 times
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
john1970
Corporal

Re: Graupner HMS Belfast

Post by john1970 »

A very very very long shot
https://picclick.co.uk/Unused-ARTR-1-15 ... 83994.html
UNSOLD - 23 Sep 2018, 20:08 £410.00 0 Bids, eBay Money Back Guarantee
He might still have it you never know
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Wow thanks mate :)
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Unfortunately john1970 he hasn't got it anymore but thank you for your help, the search goes on :)
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Check out Motion RC who is going to offer a resurgence of the former Graupner Premium models next month along with some new models that have been under development. Not sure if Belfast is included but I do know HMS Hood is planned as part of the initial release of their new Bancroft line. My guess if the demand is there, both Belfast & Prince of Wales will see a comeback.

They are planning a huge splash over four stages this year from their EU & US warehouses. Something that might be of interest to many: HMT Olympic in dazzle camouflage is under consideration. That & the new Kaiserliche Marine subjects intrigue me the most. 8)

ttps://www.motionrc.com
image_52324-1.jpg
RTR_SMS.jpg
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Not the Belfast, but this might be of interest as it is 1/16 scale https://www.motionrc.eu/collections/mil ... -craft-rtr

The description says it is the same as their Heng Long tanks. Have they rebranded themselves?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Richard for the Heads Up,
Good to know that Heng Long are now officially all at sea :haha:
In common I am sure with many others I immediately compared the Torro and the Bancroft/Heng Long/Graupner Landing Crafts and noted that the latter is cheaper and quite well presented,
The downside is the delivery time,
It is all very well saying ready for delivery in May 2020 but far too many people have been left hanging around for the Taigen Kubel Swimmwagen and still they wait whereas Dave @ www.forgebeartanks.com have the Torro Landing craft in stock, A bird in the Hand etc :)
This is a hobby that seems to thrive on promises of the imminent arrival of just about anything ones heart could desire, If only the promises were kept. :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have put myself on the list for notification if it appears in stock. In that case I shall post accordingly. The EU outlet is based in Utrecht.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I've just been comparing the pictures on the forgebear site, with the pictures of the above landing craft. Although the pictures aren't of the same roll of film, the landing crafts look identical. I wonder if the internal workings are different, but the hulls are from the same moulds or factory? If not, one is a very close copy of the other.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Folks, that LCM3 Motion will have next month is the exact same version that KY Models made for Torro. Motion will have their inventory next month & if they see the same response as they did with their new HL tank line, they'll sell out within a few days.

Re tanks, they've got big plans over & above HL - I know their local manager & have some insight as to whats to come. They'll easily becomes one, if not, the largest retailer when it comes to product depth in RC tank & boat markets. Lots more to come.

I have KY's LCM3 - its a very good deal for your money & all needed were sound, smoke & scale figures to make it come alive - something Motion has plans to but not on their initial kickoff. You can see more photos & details about their LCM3 & other pending releases on their Hobby Squawk forum.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-bo ... ding-craft
image_53715.jpg
image_53715.jpg (39.67 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
image_53683.jpg

Return to “Warships”