Graupner HMS Belfast

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Graupner HMS Belfast

Post by jarndice »

It amuses me that the Chinese have so successfully embraced capitalism that they are now cut throating each other with the same product and as it is the customer who wins (In the short term) I am all in favour,
I can see Torro dealers trying by fair means or foul to get rid of their LCM3s before the guy with the pocket book works out that the only difference between the two products is the price.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Graupner HMS Belfast

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Embraced capitalism? Hell, they invented it! What many in the West fail to understand is that Chinese are among the originators of capitalism - certainly they were trading & dealing with currencies upwards of 4,500 years ago back when our ancestors were bartering out in caves & hovels under feudal rule. Paper currency was invented here during the Tang Dynasty (A.D. 618-907). The CCP is just another dynasty in China's long history that most here tend to ignore as they go about their business making money.

Its not the Chinese cut-throating anyone - ODM or white-label products are certainly not new to China & have been around a while - & exclusive deals that may have been resulted in a new design such as the LCM3 are based on either sales targets or set time period of exclusivity that both parties, manufacturer & brand, agree up front. Graupner had a 2 year exclusive with KY on designs they asked them to create so presume Torro is operating under the same rulebook.

Return to “Warships”