very old linberg PT 109 Rebuilt

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

very old linberg PT 109 Rebuilt

Post by greengiant »

I bought this in the 90's and originally made it into an rc model but the controls were so primitive it was not much fun to run. Did quite a bit of modifying it to make it look right though.
If anyone remembers how it came out of the box it was molded with little thought to what the real thing looked like. About the only thing correct was the basic lower hull shape. Not sure what the scale was supposed to be.
Fell off a shelf long ago and busted it up petty good but out of boredom have finally put it back together. No rc in it or even propellers. May try to rc it again using HL 2.4 controls but it is not a high priority.
Attachments
4.JPG
pt 109 012.JPG
pt 109 011.JPG
pt 109 010.JPG
pt 109 009.JPG
pt 109 009.JPG (91.41 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
pt 109 008.JPG
pt 109 008.JPG (153.93 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: very old linberg PT 109 Rebuilt

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: :clap: NICE!!!!!!!!!! I especially like that you mounted the 20mm on the front...It's a little known fact...a detail often left out :clap: :clap:

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: very old linberg PT 109 Rebuilt

Post by greengiant »

I actually did a lot of research on Pt 109. (the anti tank gun was 37 mm) It seems some have written that the cannon was mounted only the day before it was sunk while others say the timber mounts were in place but the cannon had not yet been mounted. Like the look of it mounted and found a jeep kit that was about the right size with the cannon and used just the cannon :thumbup: .
Also one of the depth charge holders was supposed to have been torn off before Kennedy took command during an accidental torpedo firing but no mention was made if it was replaced so I put 2 on my version :think: .
The hardest things to do were detailing the torpedo tubes which had no detail in the kit to speak of and the upper deck which in the kit is flat while the real ones had a slight curve and a lot of inset night lights.
Glad you like it (I took all the added pictures because I knew you would be looking for them) :haha:

Return to “Warships”