Old linburg line flecher class destroyer

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Old linburg line flecher class destroyer

Post by greengiant »

Have had this sitting around forever. Its actually on or rather in a black Plexiglas base that makes it look like a waterline model. Never Made it into its automatic running configuration but did some minor detail work and painted it in camo that the real had when sunk.
Did a little photo painting so it looks like its on the water.
Attachments
004.JPG
Ecam

Re: Old linburg line flecher class destroyer

Post by Ecam »

Nice job!

Had the "Blue Devil" kit a couple times in my life. The only one I R/C'd I used modified servos to spin the props. Didn't have a lot of speed but was really neat to have the props spin very slow.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

The reason I never even tried to RC it was that one of my brothers build one with the straight out of the box setup and the first time he put it in the water (there were some ocean like waves) it failed to keep water out and sank about 50 feet out in about 20 feet of murky water and he never could find it. Does make a nice large WW2 warship mantle piece though.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Really Nice Green :clap: ....Is that the only shot you took ...or do you have other angles ..maybe some close ups? :D

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

That's it Alpha. The details on the guns are rather crude considering how big the thing is so wasn't attempting to do anything other then get at least one pic of it that had the whole thing in the frame to keep with all the other model picks I have on a storage stick.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

It's ok Giant...I was just wondering is all...I really like the Paint Job you did ...would have been nice to see a nice broadside shot ;)

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Its 3 ft long and broadside shot would be pretty tiny given the space limitations for pictures posting. I took a few close ups you can look at :) .
Attachments
008.JPG
007.JPG
005.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks Green :wave: ....What did you use for the rails...Brass?....I did a Nichimo Nagato 1/350 scale once...did all the rails with sprue..No PE back then lol

ALPHA
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

Just regular sewing thread. It tends to sag over time but wetting it usually shrinks it back. You notice the lines running down to the launch alongside are not tight, wetting them didn't work so someday I will have to shorten them a bit.
Never did a detailed large ship.
At one time in high school I had a sort of cargo ship that was almost HO scale. Don't remember who made it or if it was a WW2 liberty ship model. do remember that I cut it in half at an angle and made a sinking ship diorama as part of a larger one when we where studying the D Day invasion. Got a good grade for that.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Great Effect on those Rails ...Never thought about thread or even fishing line back then....just had a habit of using what I had laying around lol....and sprue back then was plentiful ;) ....the problem was getting nice even strands for use on the posts and the crossing lines
I think the only model I ever made for a school project was the Saturn V...and a Walk in space Astronaut ...it was a group thing...so everyone got a pass :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Warships”