Italeri S100 Schnellboot

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Italeri S100 Schnellboot

Post by Earwig »

Hi guys,..have been busy working on my S100 Schnellboot,.in between working on the table she is sitting on.....she has been done in the camo pattern of the Baltic Flotilla,..sh measures 100cm long x 12.5cm wide,...she is running 2 x Graupner speed 400 motors, coupled to 2 x 30mm cast bronze props,..she is rigged for 4ch operation, but i,m only using 2 at the moment,..the other 2ch,are for opening the torpedo tube doors, and to operate the navigation light,...she sails very well,..i,ll post pics soon of her, and the Bismarck...on their maiden voyages...
Attachments
baltic flotilla 008.JPG
baltic flotilla 007.JPG
baltic flotilla 006.JPG
baltic flotilla 005.JPG
baltic flotilla 001.JPG
"Come"...and i will show you...where the Iron Crosses Grow!!
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Italeri S100 Schnellboot

Post by Saxondog »

Excellence, truly a great looking E-Boat. Really like the scatter pattern camo. deck detailing and crew. Mines are a nice detail as well.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

How do you access the internal compartments? Does the Pilot house lift off or deck sections? Curious about the layout as well, Are there internal bulkheads to restrict water flow? Does the pilot house act as a dry chamber for the receiver? Really want to build this kit and have for the longest.

Do you know of a Drive package designed for this kit?
Thanks,Blake
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

Here,s some pics of my other Italeri Schnellboot....same kit as the other one..but this time, dressed up, for operations in the English Channel...
Attachments
Channel Flotilla 007.JPG
Channel Flotilla 005.JPG
Channel Flotilla 006.JPG
Channel Flotilla 004.JPG
Channel Flotilla 003.JPG
Channel Flotilla 001.JPG
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Earwig... are these RC? if they are...did you have to counterweight the hull for them to stay upright ? the draft looks rather thin

ALPHA
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

Hi Blake/Alpha,
as you can see from the pics.the whole centre section lifts off, on both models, and the bow section of the mottled camo one, in this one there are micro servo,s to operated the opening of the tube doors, there is also a slow switcher fitted.so that the doors open slowly as opposed to what they did before the switcher was fitted...they flew open,also fitted is a micro-switch operated by a mini servo..to control the navigation lights,...To answer your question Alpha..these boats were designed for high speed, and sat on top of the water,as opposed to in it, and their draught was very shallow,..these models have everything fitted low down in the hull and with the weight of the motors and battery very little extra ballast is needed ..for these 2 i,ve only had to add 100g of lead ...e.g weights that are fitted to balance car wheels...To answer your question Blake,the electrics are all waterproof,..apart from the receiver, it sits in the hull in a waterproof plastic box,..these models can take 3 x 380 motors or 400,s, or in the case of the non camo.d one..a single 600 motor ..the props are D-type with a long centre boss, .the blade profile is severe..so that they act like a large screw as opposed to a normal prop.
Attachments
internal2 001.JPG
internals 003.JPG
internals 001.JPG
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks for the explanation Earwig ...Nice work :thumbup:

ALPHA
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Thanks, I must have one. just have so many other things going on. Thanks for the explanation. Just to comment on the ballast issue. My 1/200 Nichimo IJN,Yamato required 4 x 2 LBS of Ballast to ride to the correct depth. I used empty shampoo bottles filled with the "punch out metal" from work, the drop from the hex holes in conveyor rails. Worked very well. That hull being very wide needed the weight secured in the hull very specifically.

Thanks for the details and the photos. I have wanted this kit for a long time. Now at least I know what to plan for i.e. running hardware,motors and servo's.

Saxondog
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Kits available on the EVIL-BAY in the US for around 140.00 plus average shipping of another 50.00 . So 200.00 US Dollars. Seems like model kits are certainly costing more these days. Still it is a fine kits and after much thought I have decided to sell my children and buy all the kits I want.

Tanks and ships, problem being damn e-bay, can you believe a matched set of twins, one boy and one girl in perfect condition cannot be listed!

Some crap about selling humans, what the heck is the world coming to when you cannot even sell your children to buy cool stuff? Oh well guess Ill have to wait until I win the lottery.

All kidding aside , this kit and several others from Italeri are listed including the 1/35 PT-109 ELCO BOAT KIT another fine kit. for around 100.00 us. If anyone is interested in one of these fine ships.
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

nice boats old chap.......king crimson

Return to “Warships”