my newly acquired Bismarck

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!

Postby Earwig » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 am

Hi guys,i.ve been more into big warships than tanks,..and had until last week a 77in Bismarck..it was a nice enough model,but it had some scale issues..so i sold it in order to raise the money..for a partially completed one, of superior quality,...hopefully if i,ve understood what i,ve been told i,ll be able to upload the pics....here goes..it appears that my file is too big....how do i go about making it smaller
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby TKcommander » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Options,

Either resize on your PC/Mac with a picture manager.

Use a host like photobucket, upload to there, resize and link as an Img.
TKcommander
Corporal

Postby Earwig » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 pm

pics....fungers crossed...nope never worked....and i don,t know my way around a pc to make it work....so it looks like i won,t be posting pics on here...
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby ALPHA » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:19 pm

We need to see those pictures lol.... definitely try Photobucket... just sign up for the free account.... It allows you 2.4 gigs of photos... if your photo file is already in your pictures on your computer... all you do is upload it to Photobucket.. they have editing controls to resize the image... you save it there... in your library...
Once saved there... you copy the image information ...using your right clicker on your mouse ... to paste it here ...you click on the IMG icon on the toolbar of the reply screen.. you can then check if it came out by clicking on the preview ...if good.. submit

Try Try again...it's all part of the adventure :thumbup:

ALPHA

ALPHA
Major-General

Postby Earwig » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 pm

An adventure....is that what its called.....i,d prefer to call it a pain in the a**e.....i lay the blame firmly on the new camera that i,ve got...my old 2m pixel camera had a function whereby i could set my pics for website requirements..but this one..does,nt have that function....and its got 16m pixels....i,ll give that bucket place a try...as i,ve got loads of pics of my Bismarck and other boats and then there,s the pics from the Bovington tankfest...
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby Earwig » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 pm

try again....whoopee...success...and i did,nt use photobucket,..i don,t know what i did...but whatever i did it worked..i footered about with my camera ..and..now i won,t touch the controls again..this model is 77in long,..full rc, it has 3 x motors, + motorised main gun turrets,..a sound system,...and has a presence on the water,
Attachments
bismarck2 002.JPG
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby 971wright » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Glad to see you have manage to sort out the photos ,Looks Nice ,just how big is it looks to be about 6ft long which is very big in my book need a big boot on the car to get that in.
I only have one boat its an LCM which can take 2 Shermans I thought that was big LOL

regards pete

971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ALPHA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 am

HAYYY..ALRIGHT!....Nice job on getting the photo's here...nice job on the Bismark too... got any close ups ? :D

ALPHA

ALPHA
Major-General

Postby Earwig » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:45 am

She,s 6ft 5in long by 11in wide, and her displacement is around 18kg..she sails at scale speed, the props are 43mm cast bronze..the hull is fibreglass,...everything above the deck is scratch built from plans....its not all my work, i got her from a deceased,s estate,.....and feel priviliged in having her,..and hope that i can do the original builder justice.in completing her,
Attachments
closeup 001.JPG
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby Earwig » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 am

more
Attachments
closeup 002.JPG
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby Earwig » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 am

the deck is planked with over 1500 planks 2mm x 0.5mm...
Attachments
closeup 003.JPG
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby ALPHA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm

She must draw a lot of attention when under power... beautiful work... :thumbup:

ALPHA

ALPHA
Major-General

Postby Earwig » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm

She does draw attention...but usually for all the wrong reasons...you,d be amazed at how many people still find the swasika..offensive...even on a model boat...or tank for that matter,..they only think one thing....Nazi....i was at the pond recently, and one old gentleman admired it...but..another old man...asked me if I was a Neo-Nazi....I lifted off my woolly hat,looked at it...and said to him....does this look like a Nazi Helmet....to which he replied....that symbol killed millions of my countrymen....and before i could reply...the other gentleman said.."No you,re wrong there"....it was the Germans that killed your countrymen...i had to hold back a laugh.....but..the revulsion that these symbols hold..is still out there
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby tomhugill » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 pm

May I ask what she set you back? I would love something like this at some point. Upto now I've only built civilian water craft (and my akula nuke sub but she doesn't count!)
tomhugill
Captain

Postby Earwig » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi Tom,i bought her,almost finished...approx 80/90%....she was in the condition you see,...and i paid £300..to date i,ve had to buy 3 x 43mm cast bronze props...got them at a great price..£39inc postage,..then i was £95 for...8 x anti-aircraft turrets,14 x ships boats 2 x Arado 196 Floatplanes,..16 x 37mm cannon ..4 x 20mm oerlikons,...and 40 10mm x 10mm square carly floats,...and that,ll be her finished,....so for a total of £434....i,ve got a wonderful looking model, that is almost half the kit price..before building....i know where there is another one that will be coming up for sale...it will be RTR...
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Postby 971wright » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi About the swastika ,the Germans pinched it. Its also used in the ruins and by the other religions you can see it on Sikh Temple doors, it has been used for hundreds of years. But its only remembered for the being the Nazi symbol

see link here http://isearch.avg.com/images?q=sikh+te ... &sap_acp=1

regards pete

971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomhugill » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Might be interested earwig, keep me posted!
tomhugill
Captain

Postby ALPHA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Earwig wrote:She does draw attention...but usually for all the wrong reasons...you,d be amazed at how many people still find the swasika..offensive...even on a model boat...or tank for that matter,..they only think one thing....Nazi....i was at the pond recently, and one old gentleman admired it...but..another old man...asked me if I was a Neo-Nazi....I lifted off my woolly hat,looked at it...and said to him....does this look like a Nazi Helmet....to which he replied....that symbol killed millions of my countrymen....and before i could reply...the other gentleman said.."No you,re wrong there"....it was the Germans that killed your countrymen...i had to hold back a laugh.....but..the revulsion that these symbols hold..is still out there

I hear you Earwig...I've met a lot of people who felt the same way.. and said similar things as the last old man has said ..... I used to part time at a little place here in Hawaii...we carried replicas.. the owner had so many complaints about the swasika mark.. he pulled everything from the case...the only thing that stayed out were ninja throwing stars which had the shape... I just turned those around and said they were buddist symbols :D

It was the same with the Ak47 airsoft gun...had one guy who denied his son getting one ... because "that gun" is responsible for so many deaths... :crazy: ...I told him.. the real gun is actually an excellent weapon...and it isn't the gun that killed...it's the person who held it ...anyway.. it was evident he had a hard line of thinking... and just went on to say if the son got one ..he wouldn't be allowed to bring it in the house

It surprises me how ignorance and prejudice is so alive and thriving :crazy:

ALPHA

ALPHA
Major-General

Postby jarndice » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 pm

Alpha whilst listening to my laughing lavatory i was thinking about your comment reference the AK47, the reason it is so reliable and almost never jams is because of the second rate build quality and low tolerance in design. trust me it will fire after being immersed in a river just don't expect to hit anything, probably the most inaccurate of all the small arms I have ever fired, One of the most accurate was the H&K 4/5 and the most stable gun platform although the slowest rate of fire was the Thomson 45 auto (TOMMY GUN) but my favourite is the UZI, the Sterling was a vast improvement over the Sten but outclassed by every automatic rifle and sub machine gun of its generation, if you want to be frightened by an smg try the American Grease gun that will do it every time. I nearly fired a Shmeisser once but I was told that we could not use the auto function as their were no spares available so I did'nt bother, easily the best platoon rifle is or was the AR 16 very smooth and very reliable. A bit like most of the American soldiers I have been delighted to serve with. shaun

jarndice
Captain

Postby ALPHA » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 pm

jarndice wrote:Alpha whilst listening to my laughing lavatory i was thinking about your comment reference the AK47, the reason it is so reliable and almost never jams is because of the second rate build quality and low tolerance in design. trust me it will fire after being immersed in a river just don't expect to hit anything, probably the most inaccurate of all the small arms I have ever fired, One of the most accurate was the H&K 4/5 and the most stable gun platform although the slowest rate of fire was the Thomson 45 auto (TOMMY GUN) but my favourite is the UZI, the Sterling was a vast improvement over the Sten but outclassed by every automatic rifle and sub machine gun of its generation, if you want to be frightened by an smg try the American Grease gun that will do it every time. I nearly fired a Shmeisser once but I was told that we could not use the auto function as their were no spares available so I did'nt bother, easily the best platoon rifle is or was the AR 16 very smooth and very reliable. A bit like most of the American soldiers I have been delighted to serve with. shaun

Yes indeed Shaun... when I was in the corps I got to fire a number of old and new weapons... I agree with you on the AR ... I did also like her majesty's gun the L85 but it was a little harsh on the Ears(most bullpups are )...liked the P90 for it's rate of fire..and dump system... just didn't like the stopping power...found it interesting in video game play they mock it up as something really special... heck.. to me..if I brought a guy down with it..and he had an AK I'd grab the AK lol..though not as precise...if the bullet did hit it's mark the guy is down... to where a P90 would take a quarter of a mag :lolno:
Of the old platforms I really could get behind the old M14 carbine...just because of the range and stability ...thompsons pull.. m3s as you say just kick your rear end... fun gun though...what I liked about it was the caliber and simplicity ..schmeizers are nice too...but the caliber is too small for my liking
but enough about guns lol

this is a Rc tankery board :haha:

Coup de gras Shaun ;) ... :D

ALPHA

ALPHA
Major-General

Next

Return to Warships