Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 "G-2"

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
Saxondog
Captain

Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 "G-2"

Post by Saxondog »

Hi Guys, I have been wanting a Stuka G-2 for a long time and the cost seems to always cause me to wait,and then they go away. Has anyone ever owned one of these in any version? And if so are the flying characteristics to complicated for a beginner? I have flown High wing in large scale put it's been awhile and I have never flown this type of aircraft,or course the company advertises the plane is good for any skill level and is a stable aircraft.

This would be a neat addition to the battlefield as the specific use for the G version was tank busting.Here is a short description of the type and a few pictures.

During the Battle of Kursk, only a handful of production Gs were committed. On the opening day of the offensive, Hans-Ulrich Rudel flew the only "official" Ju 87 G, although a significant number of Ju 87 D variants were fitted with the 37 mm (1.46 in) cannon, and operated as unofficial Ju 87 Gs before the battle. In June 1943, the RLM ordered 20 Ju 87 Gs as production variants.[68] The G-1 influenced the design of the 1970s U.S. A-10 with Hans Rudel's book, Stuka Pilot being required reading for all members of the A-X project.
220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-646-5184-26,_Russland,_Flugzeug_Junkers_Ju_87_edit_1.jpg
220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-646-5184-26,_Russland,_Flugzeug_Junkers_Ju_87_edit_1.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 5426 times
Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 Tank Buster.jpg
Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 Tank Buster.jpg II.jpg
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nitro-planes Stuka JU-87 "G-2"

Post by chris3 »

moin

i saw this model on the inter modelbau at dortmund.
it is a awesom kit , there are 6 servos in the wing!!!
and the price was low, i gues below 200 euros.

i dont knew how this kit will fly.
i only hered that models of the stuka are not fliing very stabil, because of the spezial wing form. what only means it is not a trainer.

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Thanks Christian,it would seem this plane would be a great addition to the RCTank battlefield, the cost is 239.00us but my fear is crashing it. Their is another very large scale version. It of course is very expensive. Thanks for the information,by the way do you still have any T55 for sale?

JU 87 LARGE SCALE STUKA.jpg
JU 87 LARGE SCALE STUKA.jpg (5.32 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

hello

no problem ;-)

sure i have alot t-55 still for sale :-)

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
STEINER
Sergeant

Post by STEINER »

We were supported by quite a few of these whilst I have been away at the Eastern Front. I guy called Rudel seemed to be a pretty good hand at flying one. LOL.

Here you go Blake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9PYjsIW6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://rcairplanereviews.com/reviews/11 ... stuka.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sgt STEINER.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Wow, awesome plane,I really see my fear of crashing as Tony crashed on landing and he has 50 planes at least. But this would be cool with some I'R EMITTERS in those big wing cannons. But shooting might be difficult. It is amazing the power of these brushless motors and the speed they rev to.

Thanks for the link Bran,I think I will start with the kit version without the radio. My plan has worked well this last year as pocket change goes in a coffee jar,average last time 23 weeks 192.00 saved. break a 20 it goes in the can and watch guys it builds up fast.

Also the new tanks coming out and the base price with shipping being around 200.00 the change jar works out well. Next tank Panther "G".but first this STUKA,I have read several books on the tactics of using this aircraft against armor and it was a deadly plane if the tanks were in open terrain.

Next to Erik Hartmann (Greatest fighter pilot in history) Hans-Ulrich Rudel was the best ground assault pilot of any air force in WWII.

Thanks Bran, great link
Von kraftwerk
Lance Corporal

Post by Von kraftwerk »

apparently Rudel was a timid child and was terrified of thunder,it seems unreal that he went on to become this flyer whose achievments equalled or even surpassed the kill rate of a many a Tiger battalion,and he sank a battleship to top it
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Very interesting person, our Aces really cannot be compared. Rudel and Hartmann both achieved very high kill rates, very high compared to other belligerents.

Hartmann was a very skilled pilot,but Rudel has to be recognized for the skill at which he developed and practised ground attack warfare.One article that impressed me was the required ground attack course based on his tactics. Just amazing the nerve these guy had and the risk involved in attacking ground targets in a air plane.
Von kraftwerk
Lance Corporal

Post by Von kraftwerk »

what amazes me about the skill and risk involved in stuka tank busting was that to get within kill range the pilot had to dive because the cannon fired on the horizontal and had a only had a short time to engage before hitting the ground even in a shallow dive,on the other hand the A-10 has its gun angled down about 8 degrees and can engage with less of a dive and from a longer range,I had the pleasure of watching pairs of A-10's practising attack runs over the English countryside at less than 200 feet an awesome sight to be sure!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi,

It looks like a great model and at a good price. I think like any low wing aeroplane it would be quite a difficult plane to fly as a beginners model. If you were doing your pilots licence would you start with a Mustang, or a Spitfire? It's the same start with a trainer model and then progress to this one when you are confident in your abilities otherwise it could have a very short life.

Return to “Planes”