Can you tell what it is yet? Begins with S......e

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Begins with S......e

Post by dylan9391 »

Over the weekend I started on the tail. The ribs are fitted with the longerons and the small wooden blocks are to help attach the leading and trailing edge
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

shes getting there
cliff
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Slowly and to help cash flow I've been working part time for a company which has slowed it down a bit, but I hope to add the leading and trailing edges of the tail plane on Friday. After that I can then put plywood, or balsa sheet the tail plane and then maybe finally get some paint on the model.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

I've finished the Spitfire, well if it was April 1st I might try and get away with it, but for a bit of inspiration we visited RAF Cosford over the weekend and i took a photograph of this early Mk1 in what is an interesting livery. One half of the underneath is white, while the other half is black. The second aeroplane is the James May top toys Spitfire built in an Airfix style by local school chlidren and with the basic shapes made by Gate Guards who build full size static replica Spitfire and other warbirds for displays. For my aeroplane the propellors should be here soon, so I can't wait.

dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

back to earth with a bang and work starts on the bonnet section. I am hoping to join the three fuselage sections this week. The long plank across the nose is to help me work out the correct taper to the nose. The drawing has been made for the undercarriage ladder chassis and the metal has been ordered, so I should be able to fit the undercarriage. I am just hoping the wheels, propellor and exhaust stubs arrive soon.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

shes looking more like it know 8)
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Thanks Ice my brother in law is coming around Tuesday night and we are going to put all three fuselage sections together so that I can complete that part of the build and get it ready for fibreglassing the rest of it and painting. Hopefully we are getting there.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

The fuselage has finally seen the light of day and has been moved out of the garage. Over the weekend I hope to attach the bonnet section to the rest of it and then put it in the jig, so that I can start to finish this part off. Slowly I am getting working space in the garage to add covering to the wings.
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

All i can say is wow ..great job, looks like its coming to geather nicely.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Thanks Mate and it's getting there (slowly) with many different pieces dotted around the workshop. It's nice when I assemble it all and it starts to look like an aeroplane. I've made the rear jockey wheel and I did have a photo of it being trial fitted to the rear fuselage, but I've deleted it by accident. The rear tail also has partial covering. We went to Duxford yesterday and saw a brilliant display of a Mustang, Spitfire and others including a B-17 Sally B and a Dakota. Really good stuff and sun. Better than my previous air show this year where it rained.

Return to “Planes”