Can you tell what it is yet? Begins with S......e

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Begins with S......e

Post by dylan9391 »

Work has started on the first elevator and I have covered two sides of one of the tail pieces, but only the bottom of this one in ply.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

looks like youve been busy , very nice
cliff
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Thanks Cliff and I am trying to get as much done as possible. Tonight I want to mark out the other elevator, so I have got a pair and continue on the rudder that I started yesterday. Ideally I could have done with being at home today, so that I could have completed the tail end and fitted all the parts in place, but well the day job got in the way.
dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

I've not posted much on the build of the Spitfire of late, but here is an update photo of the model. The grey bonnet and side panels are fibreglass parts and I'll post another photo
In the other photo the garden is full of all sorts of parts. My wife was delighted as you can imagine.... not.

dylan9391
Lance Corporal

Post by dylan9391 »

Hi Guys after a busy yr with far too many delays and a new qualification finally and in the last month I have been busy on the Spitfire project. the weather hasn't helped but the huge model has nearly a complete fuselage as can be seen here, which is fibreglassed and ready for paint. Only the wings, tail, cockpit interior and everything else to do!!

Return to “Planes”