F4U Corsair

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: F4U Corsair

Post by jarndice »

Jimster wrote:Rad’s awesome Corsair has me itching for a FW-190 foamie. I’ve wanted an rc plane since I was kid. More money, more money! :wtf:
I fly a couple of 1/8 scale FW 190 rc foamies and they are great flyers and with working retracts they do get comments from the young and not so young observer :haha:
They have the added bonus of fully functioning flaps which allows for slow speed (Almost) Controlled landings :lolno:
The Hurricane in 1/8 has a natural slow approach speed and a large wing area and flaps so a beginner should be ok with it :lolno:
The Mustang is a looker and attracts a lot of beginners but they are a bit of a rocketship on approach and landing so lots of empty pocket books and long faces as it disappears in a cloud of plastic granules on landing :{

Electric power is really the only way to fly,10 to 20 minutes on a 2s Li-po is what you should expect from the larger scales :thumbup:
My fingers have long since had enough of trying to coax anything from a fueller :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D :thumbup: I've just built a 1:32 scale Mk V Spitfire for a bit of a change. It will never fly, of course, but it looks sweet. :thumbup:
Sorry, Rad, but I had to roar with laughter when you mentioned your annoyance at the Corsair arriving with a Japanese pilot on board. :lolno: :clap:
I thought: 'Hmmm...I hope, for Rad's sake, that he's not a Kamikaze!!" :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Oh yeah,

Sorry Rad, that is a very nice Corsair! I got all wrapped up in making it all about myself...again! :/

Cheers,
Eric. :wave:
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Ah the "Bent Winged Bird," "Hose Nose," and "Whistling Death." Good luck with your maiden voyage! As someone who flies RC planes regularly, I want to give you one piece of advice you may or may not have heard.

Always fly "Three mistake high!" Low passes are fun, but keep your fancy new bird at an altitude you can recover from!

Can't wait to hear how it goes, and to see what she looks like after you're done with it. Customization is definitely your thing!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Excelent tip! In fact I was planning to do low altitude passes because I thought if it crashes the impact would not be as strong as flying high...

But definitely sounds better to avoid crashing with your technique.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Pershing Lover, where have you been?!!
Rad, you’ve got to stop it! I’m already spread too thin with tanks, Kubelwagens and gunboats and now you’ve whetted my appetite for an rc plane. I’m too old to see an end to this addiction!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I recorded a small video today!

phpBB [video]

And I felt a bit like the movie "Planes". Somebody some sort of recorded the scene and uploaded it in youtube:

phpBB [video]

Felt pretty much like it, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Nice! Time for sound and a maiden flight! :clap:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice Rad, it's safer just driving it on the ground, better than picking all the bits up after it's fallen from the sky :O that's why I stick to tanks :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I do like RC aircraft, not flown mine in years, but that Corsair, it looks the business.
Now telling myself i dont need to clean off some planes and fly them and i certainly don't need to buy any old warbirds.................................... hmmmmm
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Planes”