BF-109E

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
jackalope
Lieutenant

BF-109E

Post by jackalope »

Haven't bought a plane before but been looking and saw these pop up and just could not pass it up! Under $100 for a BF-109E NEW IN BOX! If anyone is interested the guy has only 2 left!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191598509612?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Figure I can use it for back ground detail or to start a plane collection. :haha: Either way it should be here Friday I'll post some pics when I get it. Can't wait! :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: BF-109E

Post by Max-U52 »

Terry I really wish I had seen this earlier. Sprue Brothers has this for $85 and if you do it right you can get free shipping. These 1/18 aircraft are pretty cool and you're gonna like it a lot, but you can get them for less if you shop around. I'm waiting to find a good deal on the Ju-87 or the ME-262 myself. I can get the 262 for $110 right now, but I know I'll pick one up for well under $100, I just have to be patient. Right now I'm hoping this danbury mint jeep turns out to be OK because at $49 with free shipping it's one of those "if it sounds too good to be true ..." kind of things. Fortunately I have protection so at the very worst it will just tie up the money for a few weeks.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I've never seen one of these under $150 before today, damn! Oh well still not bad IMHO. Let me know if you find the Stuka, or 262 for cheap...or for that matter any more. Also found a different paint job BF-109 for $90 but 1 at a time.

Max, let me know when you come across any of this stuff.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Paul those look great! It has the wing span as 550mm so if I'm right almost 2 feet!

So a Spitfire eh? Now I'm on the hunt! Also want a P-38 Lightning, that's my favorite plane of WWII.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The P47 was the Thunderbolt. The Lightning was the P38.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

silversurfer1947 wrote:The P47 was the Thunderbolt. The Lightning was the P38.
Yeah I caught myself, but thank you.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Paul, did you say something about wanting a Spitfire? Yeah a tad pricey but they're all I could find.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/261519425/ ... query=1/18 spitfire&ref=sr_gallery_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259526783/ ... query=1/18 spitfire&ref=sr_gallery_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/261923343/ ... query=1/18 spitfire&ref=sr_gallery_3
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Hmmmmm..... so my plane arrived today, not exactly as described by the seller, none of the control surfaces move as he stated. Not bad looking but not what I thought I was getting either. I contacted the seller to let him know he should change his description so we'll see what happens. I don't plan to return it but I can't recommend any other members buy it unless they understand the only moving parts are the prop spins, the canopy opens, and the landing gear retracts. The interior is fairly good looking and the paint job is fantastic! But I'd say a tad over priced at the $95 + shipping I paid for it.

Looking at a couple other planes but this time I'll see if I can find a review of them before I buy them.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

I've just started buying 1/32 scale. I've found a few of the 21st Century kits and ready builts. The ready builts aren't cheap but if you get lucky they're not too bad. The first two should be here Nov.1. The first kit arrived yesterday.

ImageImage
Joe

Return to “Planes”