spitfire vb 1/24

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Re: spitfire vb 1/24

Post by doc larsson »

yes tom i love my mk24 in WT. thanks for the info guys i am aware of all the variants in spits. anyhoo, i'm gonna build it and give it to someone when i'm finished. it's way too big to have around the house !
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

If there is one thing I learned building models...Airplanes occupy a lot of space :haha: ...I remember when Monogram came out with their 1/48th scale bombers ...great models...Still have a Catalina in the box ....but that's where it will stay lol...had a B29 super fortress the only thing that could be displayed where the bombs :haha:

So I can only imagine how big that 1/24th spit must be Doc 8O ...good luck with finding it a nice home...maybe you could frame it and hang it on a wall ...might have more appeal that way ;)

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning Doc and Happy Holidays,
I have seen that the best way to display large model aircraft is on the wall, like a picture. This YouTube modeler named QDC (?) has a large B-29 model and he fabricated a frame that the running gear sits in along with a piece to hold the weight at the tail and the plane hangs on the wall. Some extremely cool 3D art that frees up space as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Planes”