Not a plane but !!

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
Horses45
Corporal

Not a plane but !!

Post by Horses45 »

Hi peeps I'm thinking about getting a DJI Phantom quad copter but was wondering if anyone's had one ?,I have seen them out and these do look like a lot of fun and I also think that this will be handy taking videos when we go to off road sites to get pics of the off roading where you can not get to.
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Not a plane but !!

Post by ALPHA »

No ...but they look cool...looks a lot more controllable than the standard style copters...you going to get the one with the camera ? :D

ALPHA
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

I've flown and owned a couple of these and even used them within my role in the airforce.

They are extremely stable in flight and can be operated with relative ease, I mounted my Nikon DSLR to mine and some of the footage and pictures you can take is amazing and gives a whole new perspective.

If you are planning on utilising these to film area wide RC battles then this is similar to the military use and you will benefit greatly from this type of use as this is what they were designed for in the first instance.

Hope this helps, just my two penneth worth :)
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

There you go Horses... Merlin has the cap on this one :thumbup:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Thanks for that merlin and alpha yep I'm looking at the phantom vision 2 plus, but I have been told by my very understanding Mrs that I have to part with 6 tanks and 2 crawlers then I can have it but I suppose with the size of my collection at the min its a fair swap :'( , so watch this space lol but she did say that I'm still waiting to pick my tamiya king tiger up :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Thanks for that merlin and alpha yep I'm looking at the phantom vision 2 plus, but I have been told by my very understanding Mrs that I have to part with 6 tanks and 2 crawlers then I can have it but I suppose with the size of my collection at the min its a fair swap :'( , so watch this space lol but she did say that I'm still waiting to pick my tamiya king tiger up :D
Hey Horses...you might get a slide if you tell the missus that it'll make a nice wall hanging :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Alpha look what I got off my wonderful Mrs :D , now if it can stop raining long enough and I'm off work I can get a chance to fly it and see what the HD pics are like.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Horses45 wrote:Alpha look what I got off my wonderful Mrs :D , now if it can stop raining long enough and I'm off work I can get a chance to fly it and see what the HD pics are like.
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Congrats Horses!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Just don't let her catch you peeping in the neighbors window with it ;) .......... :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Horses,
Very nice! Take Alpha's warning to heart or the Missus might take one of these to the drone then you! *chuckles* Seriously tho', looking forward to video of your tanks running.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
LeMat Revolver
LeMat Revolver
...Here for the Dawn...
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I can't wait to get time off and get my tanks and other things done but staff shortages make getting time off a bit hard

Return to “Planes”