1/18 scale Luftwaffe

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: 1/18 scale Luftwaffe

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
Ah ha, one of the Photo Recon versions of the Spitfire, Mk IX I think :D A legitimately pink wartime plane :clap:

Apparently the pink worked really well at dawn or dusk on photo recon runs. :thumbup:

I like the Mk XIV too but..... no merlin, griffin powered, deal breaker for me ;) I think my favourite is the Mk I.
:haha: Can't imaging a night of drinking... and waking up to see a giant pink bird flying over :haha: ...I'm sure it worked very well ...the color must have blended in with the skyline early and late in the day :D

Though really Pink wouldn't be my first choice of color :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT'S GILLIGAN .................... :haha:

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:Image
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT'S GILLIGAN .................... :haha:

ALPHA
Lol, could be ;)
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:
scalawag wrote:
Ah ha, one of the Photo Recon versions of the Spitfire, Mk IX I think :D A legitimately pink wartime plane :clap:

Apparently the pink worked really well at dawn or dusk on photo recon runs. :thumbup:

I like the Mk XIV too but..... no merlin, griffin powered, deal breaker for me ;) I think my favourite is the Mk I.
:haha: Can't imaging a night of drinking... and waking up to see a giant pink bird flying over :haha: ...I'm sure it worked very well ...the color must have blended in with the skyline early and late in the day :D

Though really Pink wouldn't be my first choice of color :haha:

ALPHA
Yeah I must admit it seems a little odd. Apparently the pale pink worked really well against cloud cover too :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Makes interesting comparisons from the 'Gustavs' to the Stukas. Those are nice aircraft mate, seems to complete the look of any tank having the correct air support nearby :thumbup:
Here's one you might like Herman

:haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
you are seriously extracting the urine with this one mate !!!!!!
No- for the record, its not nice- unless you are entering it as a float in a Mardi-gras :O :O
Give me a "Butcher Bird" any day. Theres a nice one in the museum in Caen hanging from the rafters
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Hi Chaps,

Thaought I would post a pic of the Aircrew which I have been working on. These are the 1/18 figures which came with the 21st century planes I have.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

These jokers are coming for you in the night Mr Alpha, after that pink spitfire caper !!!!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Not a happy looking crew! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:These jokers are coming for you in the night Mr Alpha, after that pink spitfire caper !!!!!
Have Bamboo back scratcher... really good at swatting stuff :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

i love the pink spit

mk24 is getting the treatment in WT now....

will post soon

Return to “Planes”