Bachem Natter. Flying wunderwaffe.

Non-RC planes can be posted here, however big or small!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Bachem Natter. Flying wunderwaffe.

Post by Jimster »

Ohhh. A V3 sounds awesome. Please apply your creativity to that project. Maybe use a model rocket engine in the model. Maybe an Estes Rocket engine.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I thought that the V3 was the multi-barreled supergun that was almost ready for commissioning when the RAF bombed the site in France,
If it had been allowed to fire it was planned to deliver heavy high speed artillery munitions into London at the rate of plus 1.000 rounds a day.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:I thought that the V3 was the multi-barreled supergun that was almost ready for commissioning when the RAF bombed the site in France,
If it had been allowed to fire it was planned to deliver heavy high speed artillery munitions into London at the rate of plus 1.000 rounds a day.
Well, I had no idea that there was an V3 maybe I have to look for another name... But what I know is I am building my own V4, a 6 legged walking robot of Doom, the ultimate wunderwaffe, beware allies! It will take me a lot of time to finish it, but it is in the works :)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Little offtopic: Rad, look for this Takom announcement ;)
Attachments
takom1015 (1).jpg
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:Little offtopic: Rad, look for this Takom announcement ;)
That thing is megacool. Is in my wish list, I gave read it will be released on april and is the kind of stuff I want to build :D
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Both the German and Japanese navies used autogyros on some of their submarines which were towed into the air increasing exponentially the visible horizon of what would otherwise be a vessel with very restricted vision, Some of the later Big Japanese Boats carried a powered Helicopter in a Hanger which made up the front section of the conning tower.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That is superb, Rad! In fact, it may well be more fun to watch the "fountain" than actually to see it launch. For one, there's more time to look. I remember the Estes rockets of the 'sixties (including a V2). Once they ignited, whooosh! they were gone.
For another, it's nice to be able to watch the whole thing over again; whereas, with the Estes rockets, the parachutes failed so often or the whole thing drifted into a tree or onto a passing car. :(
Of course, I always used the most powerful solid engine that would fit in the rocket. :shh: Maybe that had something to do with all the problems. :think:
I built a few; lost 'em all; had a ball!
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Don't waste the heat, Rad, in this energy-conscious World of ours!
A tip: Austrians love their Stockfisch (fish on a stick), so why not use Natter power! One would be cooked in an instant under that Natter jet :think: :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Planes”