T55am2b on concrete mission

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

T55am2b on concrete mission

Post by Soeren »

Hey there. Reference builds are always help full. In this case it was to try some Base building products, to try them and see whether these might be useful.
This is what it turned into.ImageImage
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: T55am2b on concrete mission

Post by Model Builder 4 »

That looks great :thumbup: very nice display indeed :clap:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yeah, that looks really good :thumbup: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Very nice work. Though with the sequence of pictures I am reminded of this:

1. Draw some circles.
2. Draw the rest of the owl.
Attachments
20190302_174831.jpg
20190302_174831.jpg (39.41 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
Last edited by Son of a gun-ner on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Naughty Mr Lert
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks guys. I have some in between shots for the Base. ImageImageImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ok Mr Soeren , colours used?
Method and material of the barriers?
Washes used?
Tank colours used?
Method of tank modulation?

Or, tell me what shop I can buy that magic pot of stuff from that when you open it,all that goodness is inside ready to display!! :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there Hermann. Orange foam was glued to the picture frame glass with some ce. The texture was sanded off and some thin layers of the wall filler applied and sanded back. The sections were carved in. Because these looked really too wide I used vallejo plastic putty to do some tar like road filler. As this stuff shrinks I got some gaps to tell me where to put the grass. Concrete was painted with some revell acrylic greys and vallejo colors. The black for the tar is Vallejo Nato black mixed with satin varnish. Then lots of pigments rubbed into various areas: wilder European road clay, vallejo light slate grey and especially for the joints and gaps, vallejo light siena. And almost forgot, garden dirt for some texture all over the place and especially for the area on the barrier sockets. Everything fixed with Abtl. 502 fixer.
The barriers are Meng plastic painted with the same as the ground. Lifting hooks camo black brown by vallejo, some stapled in vallejo rust. Sheen by vallejo oiled steel in camo black brown. Later some vallejo rust washes thinned with water for streaking.
The grass is just regular tufts , some painted green. The long grass is from your recommendation to paint longer brush bristles. Alle glued in with ce. That's that.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

The tank is the great Takom kit.
Base coat light grey then MIG zashchitny zeleno mixed with Russian green highlight for the highlights. Much more modulation than what I was used to. Wash was only Tamuya panel liner black. Then some further modulation with mainly Abtl 502 oils, greens and ochre. Dust only Wilder European road clay in Valley pigment fixer mainly to the bottom and tracks, running gear. Was able to work that with water later on. Finally some of that and dry pigments on top and some yellow oil paint dry brushing in the end. In between filters was the zashchitny zeleno in 95% acrylic airbrush thinners sprayed on. Pictures mainly in the order of painting. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

While I was at it, I also made a Base for the Tape 59. With all this done I will now try do go at the Base for the 1/16 Jagdpanther before going either back at or starting a new big tank project..
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

And as I is all about correct colors, the frame for the T55 was painted too.

Return to “Tanks”