Warlord miniatures 1/56 scale 28mm tanks

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
Schultzy
Private

Re: Warlord miniatures 1/56 scale 28mm tanks

Post by Schultzy »

pebblemonkey73 wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Or this one :thumbup:

The Wargame Shed
http://thewargameshed.blogspot.com/?m=1

See Carl, lots of talented guys in other scales :thumbup:
There are smaller scale tanks there from the" flames of war" game,( 15mm or 1/100 scale tanks).
I started modelmaking with Airfix and matchbox tanks as a child. I progressed to 40k stuff in my teenage years (never played the game, just collected the figures , which I still have). It's good practice and they're so detailed kits.
Matt
Warhammer Epic was the smallest at 6mm and yes, they had vehicles too.

For figure stands there were 5 to a stand and if you were smart enough, you’d collect/play Chaos and paint everything black!!! :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Schultzy wrote:Warhammer Epic was the smallest at 6mm and yes, they had vehicles too.

For figure stands there were 5 to a stand and if you were smart enough, you’d collect/play Chaos and paint everything black!!! :haha:
Sorry, I'm afraid games workshop hardly have anything unique, apart from how the figures look, like their battle gear, vehicles etc, they may have a couple of unique fantasy races, like the ones called Tau, but even that makes me wonder when I think of Tao :think:

6 and 5mm figures were around before games workshop existed, the US army used 6mm (285th scale) in the 60's, and NATO used 5mm (300th scale) with 3 to 5 figures a 20mm square stand, many war game figure manufacturers caught on. Also before games workshop existed.

And a quick web search will give you many manufacturers that produce historic mini figures for war gaming.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Schultzy wrote:Warhammer Epic was the smallest at 6mm and yes, they had vehicles too.

Sorry, I'm afraid games workshop hardly have anything unique, apart from how the figures look, like their battle gear, vehicles etc, they may have a couple of unique fantasy races, like the ones called Tau, but even that makes me wonder when I think of Tao :think:

6 and 5mm figures were around before games workshop existed, the US army used 6mm (285th scale) in the 60's, and NATO used 5mm (300th scale) with 3 to 5 figures a 20mm square stand, many war game figure manufacturers caught on. Also before games workshop existed.
Good point well made. Just goes to show how pervasive GW were!!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I was one of their earliest customers not long after they opened their first shop/store in Hammersmith London. And I've watched and admired their growth, to the extent of destroying many many independent games shops/stores that sold other manufacturers products as well as games workshops.

Their tactics, watch how well their products sell in other shops, then open a shop of their own as close as possible, giving gaming tables, and painting areas in the town's their products sell the best.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

One of my biggest regrets was not investing in their company when I had the chance. I would have made a killing around the years 2000 to 2006 when I would have needed the money.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

So Earthling are you ready to take on the might of my army?

My Dalek army - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26903

pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:When you do get those figures painted. Please keep us updated :thumbup:
Have made a start priming them, weathers crap today for painting. Have got some Rubicon tank figures to pop onto my panthers and fill the hatch ways.

Matt
I'll never own a stock tank :P
Member of the Midland Battle Tankers.

Return to “Tanks”