Dragon 1/6 M4A3.....Conversion to M4A2 thanks to Woz

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Dragon 1/6 M4A3.....Conversion to M4A2 thanks to Woz

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Looks like your of to a good starti shall be following this ,as i have the same tank sat in the garage , i did look at rc parts from America but the import duty put me off
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

[ICE]monkey wrote:Looks like your of to a good starti shall be following this ,as i have the same tank sat in the garage , i did look at rc parts from America but the import duty put me off
Thank you, it will be a very slow process as I still have to finish my Abrams. I would really like to RC mine but just don't know if I can justify the cost. Tracks along are over $1K but who knows, maybe. 8O

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

lmcq11 wrote:That's great Barry, each of those Pacific USMC Shermans were quite unique and colorful in terms of individual field modifications. :thumbup:

And that for sure is a nice, big and expensive 3D printed part, a much needed replacement. Not sure how much of the original Dragon parts will be left at the end though.

Regards, Louis
The part did set me back a few bucks for sure! Looking over the entire build, basically the main structure of the lower & upper hull and turret will be about all of the original kit that will be incorporated, oh and the tracks, at least for now.

Cheers,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Looks good. Nice to see the finished print.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

If you haven't seen all the aftermarket upgrade parts that Ryan is making for this tank, this link shows everything but the internal hull braces, I think. MUCH cheaper than the FOA alternatives. http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=23073
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Oh WOW, Thanks Mike! :thumbup:

These are the same folks that do the 1/16, 3D printed Scimitar kit, Spyker Workshop.
After watching all the videos for the 1/6 RC conversion kits I'm impressed and very interested. Yes the sets they offer are much cheaper than FOA though they are all made with 3D parts designed to be used to convert the kit parts except the tracks. The FOA parts are machined metal so the parts are sturdier and will likely have greater longevity but look like parts made for RC and not scale realism. That said I believe the Spyker Workshop parts will support my needs. :clap:

I have already ordered from East Coast Armory the Boogies and Idlers because I really like the level of detail on the ECA parts and want the spoked boggie wheels. The Spyker upgrade set for the Boogies appears quite functional but not nearly as detailed or scaled in appearance. Once I get the ECA parts in hand I can determine if they are structurally sound enough to support how I will operate the tank. John at ECA says that they will work but he does not warrant them for such. :think:

Cheers,
Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Tanks”