Dragon Jagdpanher 6393

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Dragon Jagdpanher 6393

Post by Soeren »

Dear Sirs, atm I am playing around with my Jagdpanther Dragon 6393 kit and tried new stuff.

I went for the green on sand camo. This is just basic colours as of now.

But influenced by the "what is dark yellow" from 8 weeks ago, I tried something.

The base color on this JP is a mix of 40% Vallejo Hemp 71.023, 40% Tank Ochre 71.081, 20% 71.025 DarkYellow (the far right on the test strip beside the orange brown, actually named green brown by Vallejo :crazy: ). Highlights with about 20% of Agedwhite addedto this. Camo is just Olive Green by Vallejo.
Attachments
DR JPintermediate camo]1.jpg
DR JPintermediate camo2].jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Dragon Jagdpanher 6393

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren just excellent work as usual
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ooooh yeahhhhh............(say it like Barry White)..........I liiike this. :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

phpBB [video]
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Some steps further. First was a filter: MIG Tan for "three tone camo" and added a bit of 501 faded green for the green tinge, that was already in that base colour. Then added the pin wash, AK "Panel liner for brown and green camo" intermixed with some 501 faded green. That gave a grayish-green brown. Working great on this base colours.

The magic tracks worked out fine this time :thumbup: Tools added, Next is the flat coat and dust and streaking.
Attachments
WP_20170923_22_32_35_Rich[2381].jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tell em Leo ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

Love a good Jagdpanther, and this is a good'un :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks, the building of the kit and painting was really fun until now. Had added 3 very thin layers of matt varnish now and feel there is need either for a streaking process or dot filter. I am not sure what I will do next. The idea was to make it more or less look like driving around in a paved environment. So some street dust or dust from destroyed walls would be an option. But not that much dirt and mud this time, to not compromise the great details present in this kit.

I am really happy with the wash mixture here. Because of the greenish grey it doesnt look like grime, but it is giving the right accent to the details like weld linse, torch cuts and the cast details in the mantlet and groves in the gun.
Attachments
WP_20170923_22_33_02_Rich[2379].jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Meanwhile I tried to work with oild paints and added highlights with 502 Light sand or Olive green and some discoloration with faded green. I have to learn more about mixing the oil paints to get better color ranges. Now added varnish and will do another layer of a filter.
Attachments
JPf 0.9.1.jpg
JP 0.9.1.jpg
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren what a beauty! Masterfully done
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thx, maybe it is just to learn and to do a 60€ kit some justice to increase the enjoyment of a nice kit by increasing the time taken.

For the weathering of the big boy I tried working with pigments. I added a layer of my trusty Filter, which is almos hemp colour and then brushed in 3 kinds of Vallejo pigments: light slate gray, Light Sienna and raw umber.

In the front i tried to fix it with Vallejo Thinners as shown in their latest youtube video. Well, I didnt like that too much and will rework the front section. Also I have the AK Acrylic Resin and will try that on the lower hull and wheels. The bottom will be weathered on the vignette in the end.

The fixer on this overall, and that worked well enough, was matt varnish sprayed at about 8-10 Psi and from 20cm away.
Attachments
JPr 0.9.1p.jpg
JPl 0.9.1p.jpg
JPf 0.9.1p.jpg
pigments.jpg

Return to “Tanks”