From 1/16th to 1/35th

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
von steiner
Recruit

Re: From 1/16th to 1/35th

Post by von steiner »

I am not getting a whole lot of responses so I figure I got a lot of schooling before I try to get any respect.
It is cool. I am not an elite model builder. However, I have a dozen other passions so I can't get wondering
why.
What I am going to do until I can get back on my feet and start playing in the classic rock band gigs,
is build tanks.
Now that I can walk without help, I can kayak (I live on a river) and play bass again, so the model
passion might start falling down.
What I do want to do before moving on is build a beautiful Tamiya Leopard 2A6 1/16th, R/C modern German tank without any restrictions.
I have been scouring the internet for help and it is amazing, that the $1000.00 (U.S. dollar) tank will end up costing another $400.00 to make it bullet proof. Crazy isn't it?
I mean, here in America I could buy a top on the line semi-auto .223/5.56 black rifle for less than a plastic toy.
But as I type, I am liking the 1/16th scale military tanks. Just need some schooling on the 2A6.

Von Steiner
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: From 1/16th to 1/35th

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'm hearing ya on the A.R. rifle prices !
I have traveled over there a lot & always, always end up in multiple gun shops just to scratch & sniff !
Having had a large gun collection (now sold to live in Australia) I've still got the interest.

As for your tanks, the poor old Walker is the less fancied relative of the family if you get me.
Great runners, and do all the things they need to, but just haven't got that 'X' -factor that the others seem to have.
Heng Long do a very good Leo 2 and at a reasonable price when you decide to get stuck right in.

Certainly practice makes perfect as is said, and trying things is what helps to achieve things :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tanks”