GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
ALPHA
Major-General

GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Post by ALPHA »

Need to summarize
Research tank:Image FIREFLY (DML/ Dragon)
Skipped the flashy paint job...since it's just for recognition and research just went with the standard color lol

Better than it was.... :D

FIREFLY UPDATEs:

Spliced in some section of tracks..(suggested by Painless) it was tricky...the new vinyl is different from the old stuff that was on before...it carved away easy enough...but was very heat sensitive ....melted when I put a blow dryer to it :thumbdown: ....Live and learn...kept the heat away the second go around :thumbup:

CARPE DIEM GENTSImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Post by ALPHA »

Research:Image Tank Porsche Tiger(Italeri)
This is another phoenix :haha: Got this while away on Hiatus from the board...almost have enough parts to make a 1/16th
This was also a 2nd hand ready built...it was in much better shape than the Firefly...but the guy still assembled the undercarriage wrong...the rear had been replaced too...looks like it might of had a fall
this one is definitely a necessity ...there isn't too much info or photos of it
CARPE DIEM GENTSImage

ALPHA

PS.
Last edited by ALPHA on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research tank MATILDA
And Matilda came a waltzing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHI5a2HR8s
Yup everything is good now....didn't break out the airbrush for any of these...too small of a scale ;) ...Still no brush stokes left :D ...tank is nice straight and tidy
Just the way I like lol

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tanks Porsche Tiger #2 and HETZER(Italeri)

Here you are...the new kids on the block :haha:

This area required the most attention...the exhaust was incorrect for what I needed so I had to fabricate all the parts ...The Tamiya kit is the one I actually needed...but it was a simple enough conversion using spun sprue ..metal tube from a TX ...metal scrap...and lots of sanding....the spare track holders were glued so I can lift one end to install the spare track ...or remove them ;)

As far as Tigers go...I think this Porsche Tiger is my Favorite :D ...This one is really great...everything was still intact except for the commander's hatch grab handle...The other one I got a few months ago was in decent condition...all the cables were there..but were broken in some areas...and those things don't look good if you repair them...reason I stripped them off along with the tools...As I mentioned before...this one was in almost perfect condition with very little additional work to be done...If you notice...the gun is perfectly straight...where in the auction photos it point towards the ground...due to the simple repair ..the gun can be positioned and hold it's place :D

In comparison to the Firefly...these were much better experience wise...makes me want to do more :haha: :haha:

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank:Image Chi Nu (Fine Molds) :D
Interesting paint job on this one...had to break out the airbrush....The combo of the base coat and top coat gives it a quality similar to pearl ...or simpler put...it will change color as the light changes...it will go from green to gray ...like it should in the anime ;)
Found other things interesting by building the kit....will mention later with some new photos

Carpe Diem Gents Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Sizing Firefly vs Chi Nu

The Chi Nu and the Firefly together
some rough comparison shots with a tape rule
Firefly's barrel was too long ...had to set it to the side for the shot :haha:
As you can see....the measurement between the sprockets are about the same :shifty:

This is the reason I find "building" these models are a good thing to do...as there is a build documenting the build of the Chi Nu...the guy cut the hull in half to narrow it....kept thinking about that...as I really didn't think the tank is all that narrow....It is narrow...but not the main hull...it's the fenders and tracks that make the difference....it's kind of an optical illusion ....the tank is actually extended from the normal Chi Ha configuration...so it only appears to be narrower than normal tanks...but as you can see...it's pretty darn close to the width of the firefly...and just a tad shorter in length ...which would bring to about the length of a normal Sherman :D

PANZER VOR!! GENTS Image

ALPHA

PS. Research can be fun :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank Fiat Ansaldo(Italeri)
PAINTED :D
If I can figure out how to translate this to a 1/16th RC...I might try to do it...just because even in all it's uglyness...it's a very cool tank

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank:Image T38 (Italeri)
OK...Some of you might have expected this :haha:
and some of you may have not....but you had to know it was coming :haha: :haha:

CARPE DIEM GENTS Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

For the Hell of it
Finished Paint: LEE/GRANT CDL(Tamiya +Verlinden)
Really like the way this one came out :D

Carpe Diem GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research tank:(Tamiya)
The GUP LEE.....Perfect form ...exactly how it is in the Anime... :D
I'm not sure this will ever translate into a 1/16th model...It's a very ambitious undertaking to make all the components work...what's interesting is...it was genius of the Animator to choose pink for this tank :thumbup: ....because for some reason it just plain ol' matches it :haha:
I really enjoyed painting the two of these...the adventure went without a hitch...actually took less time than I anticipated...all in all...that auction plus the additional tracks was well worth the expense :D

PANZER VOR!!!! GentsImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tanks”