GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Re: GIRLS UND PANZER..The static builds

Post by Markocaster »

[quote="ALPHA"]Research:Image Tank Porsche Tiger(DML/Dragon)
This is another phoenix :haha: Got this while away on Hiatus from the board...almost have enough parts to make a 1/16th
This was also a 2nd hand ready built...it was in much better shape than the Firefly...but the guy still assembled the undercarriage wrong...the rear had been replaced too...looks like it might of had a fall
this one is definitely a necessity ...there isn't too much info or photos of it
CARPE DIEM GENTSImage

ALPHA

Oh man Alpha. Where on earth did you find this tiger? Who made it? Dragon? Is it 1/16
Where does one look for such a model without getting the elephant kit and converting?
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:
Oh man Alpha. Where on earth did you find this tiger? Who made it? Dragon? Is it 1/16
Where does one look for such a model without getting the elephant kit and converting?
It is a pretty elusive model Mark..Yes as stated it is a Italeri kit (sorry Mark..brand mistake :{ ) ..I wouldn't be certain...but I think they are OOP....they do pop up once in awhile on EBAY....I've seen about four after I got the second one.......three in kit form (which were surprisingly inexpensive) and one built....there is usually about a two or three month absence before one shows up...but they still do appear ;)

The tough thing about the Porsche Tiger is if you search for it...with EBAY's search...you get the King Tiger Porsche variant....I found it best to just search 1/35th German tanks and just browse through everything :crazy:

Don't buy the one under the GUP banner....there are plenty of those...but dang are they way inflated now :thumbdown:

It's a cool tank for sure...the Star means it will definitely make the transition to 1/16th :thumbup: ...it won't be exact...but hopefully very close...already have most of the parts I need to do it...it's about third on the priority list :D

ALPHA
Craigm1992
Private

Post by Craigm1992 »

Some great models here :clap:

I figure Ebay would be the place to look for GUP decals?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Craigm1992 wrote:Some great models here :clap:

I figure Ebay would be the place to look for GUP decals?
Most of these are for Research ...some will hopefully make a transition to 1/16th(the ones with a single star are viable candidates..the ones with two have already been done)....some might get markings later on down the road....but the decals available on EBAY aren't correct...especially the Pravda markings...others are good but the colors are off :shifty:

Thanks for the kind words Craig :wave:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Research Tank: M24 Chaffee (Italeri)
Great Model....A lot of tiny details...took more than 12 hrs to place them all...and that's without the ones I didn't need
The only missing detail is that of the bolts on the transmission cover....no big deal though ;)
The Chaffee...still my all time favorite tank :thumbup:

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :clap:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just for fun Tank ...Painted: T34/85 (Zvezda/ Italeri)

I Already have done this model in 1/16th...so this was purely for fun :D
My first intention was to go white like I did with my 1/16th....But someone special and dear to my heart said she really liked the color on the box
when she told me this...my reply was...It's going to be white :haha: ....she sounded a little disappointed ...but went on telling me about other things ;)
As I set up my airbrush gear...a note that it was her birthday...popped into mind...and being that Pravda will be going green in the next Movie...though the color is a tad darker....I said to myself..........Self....Just do it (think I talk to myself too much lol)...found a special green ...took it from my kit ...Long story short...Here it is :D
Spoiler: show
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..MY LADY IN RED :thumbup:

:angel:

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :wave:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Taking into consideration the Artist's light source and surroundings....I think I got the color pretty dang close :haha: :haha:

Then again...............Maybe not ;) ...But any more yellow...and it would be like looking at a Kawasaki Racing bike :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Tanks”