Electronics for Asiatam Famo - for the benighted

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
a65l
Recruit

Re: Electronics for Asiatam Famo - for the benighted

Post by a65l »

I'm awaiting some electronics from SGS, tracking tells me that they're in the hands of the USPS so hopefully I see them tomorrow. If his products are half as good as his customer service i"ll be buying all my stuff from him.
A little nonsense now and then
Is treasured by the wisest men
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I
"At some point in time Asiatam changed the motors and limiting the speed to only 50% was not enough. A further reduction is needed With the controllers above this could not be changed. So some users bought the smallest Double ESC with setable Mixer (TVC-B10) and selected a mixer that reduces down to 0% in the curve.
FYI:
that's not quite right.
Asiatam has not only changed the motors.
New gearboxes were installed, which use 370 motors.
The old gearboxes had 380 motors.
The Famo generally does not like a tight turning circle.
Due to the high lateral forces at tight radii, the filigree tracks break very quickly.

I have a Full Option Module TVC-TRF-10-MBT .
I can unreservedly recommend the electronic.
But the sound is not on par with Benedini or Beier.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

a651: let me know when you get the electronics: I am always pleased when any item survives shipping overseas. :D What did you order and do you have (a) specific model(s) in mind in which to use the electronics?

Herr Hamm: Thank you for the information. In English we would jokingly say, "The plot thickens." Is that a familiar phrase? In a book or movie, it means the storyline becomes more and more complicated. By figurative expression the phrase characterizes any situation that becomes increasingly complicated.

Nonetheless, I am finding this matter of electronics interesting as I enjoy more learning.
a65l
Recruit

Post by a65l »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:a651: let me know when you get the electronics: I am always pleased when any item survives shipping overseas. :D What did you order and do you have (a) specific model(s) in mind in which to use the electronics?

Nonetheless, I am finding this matter of electronics interesting as I enjoy more learning.
I ordered pieces to fit out a Tamiya Gepard. The only bit of his I didn't order was his gun elevation mechanism, I think I can make something of my own. Otherwise the board, gearbox, cables, transmitters, all in all a good little pile of stuff. USPS has it today, took about 2 weeks to clear customs and get shipped to this country. I have a post here (I think) if not I have one on RCGroups, I'll update with pictures when I receive the package..
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:

Herr Hamm: Thank you for the information. In English we would jokingly say, "The plot thickens." Is that a familiar phrase? In a book or movie, it means the storyline becomes more and more complicated. By figurative expression the phrase characterizes any situation that becomes increasingly complicated.

No,no
I don't want to make this complicated.
It is my experience, which has cost me a lot of money.

SGS electronics is really very good, the sound part is just not that good.
That's why I recommend electronics without sound and a Benedini sound module for the Famo.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Please do not be concerned, Herr Hamm. I enjoy all kinds of language fun, and I certainly am enjoying the learning about the electronics. Above all I certainly appreciate your and others' help.

Bitte sehr, Herr Hamm, sorgen Sie nicht. Allerlei Sprachspaß ist mir ein Vergnügen, und Ich learne uber Elektronik gern. Doch zuerst bin Ich dankbar für Ihre Hilfe.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi Herr Dr Prof.
I don't know if you have gone down the expensive pre built commercial rabbit hole as yet, but have you thought about making your own TCB with the Mega 2560 board and the Open Panzer software specifically written for halftracks ?,
Its relatively simple to do and you will have all the adjustability you will ever need, you will have to add a pair of speed controllers plus whatever sound card you may need, the cost if very reasonable, the functionality is superb and you will have done it yourself and become enlightened, i have one in my SDKFZ 251 i am building and it runs awesome.
Just a thought that's all.
Regards.
Sub.
a65l
Recruit

Post by a65l »

Big package from DE showed up last week Wed, unfortunately I was traveling and didn't get back until yesterday. I did open and inspect, everything is very well packaged and survived the trip unscathed. I'll lay it out and get some pictures as soon as I get caught up with work and litterboxes and other mundane bits of life in the big world...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Sub, I will think carefully about your suggestion, for the challenge would be of interest. Unfortunately, I live in an unusually “dark” area for internet: no cable at all. Satellite signal blocked by a forest. It’s a beautiful place to live. I use a cellular hot spot, but most days I have to drive 12 miles into town to get a signal. My experience with electronics is limited to swapping out earlier Taigen/Torro boards for the V3, diagnosing malfunctions in HengLong or earlier Taigen/Torro tanks, or the 4X4 of Will and Catherine’s as in my “build” here on RCTW.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

a651: if you were traveling for fun, or at least had some fun, then good! As to litterboxes: often even before the eau de poopie hits us humans, the cats will express disgust at our tardiness on the clean-up and failure to provide ‘lap time’ on demand. Have fun opening the box aus Deutschland.

Return to “Other electronics”