Kim Olsen's MTCU. Great new electronics, ideal for battling.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Kim Olsen's MTCU. Great new electronics, ideal for battl

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:It looks great. It's solved main Open Panzer issuses: the inability to buy a ready-made motherboard and the need to buy an ESCs and expensive sound card.
Yep, it is indeed a great option and I am glad I got one :)
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Rad what are they selling for? Also what radio would you recommend using with this board.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

c.rainford73 wrote:Rad what are they selling for? Also what radio would you recommend using with this board.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Price is in my review, it is about 200 Eur, but keep in mind the Euro dropped against the dollar!

About the radios, sometime ago I wrote this, and is still actual: https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/

For this board I recommend any radio that can use tiny SBUS receivers with up to 16 channels, and also uses open code softare like erskytx or opentx software. So I'd be definitely getting that Radiomaster.

As I always say, keep in mind you only need one radio for controlling every one of your toys, and it is the most important part of the hobby, so you cannot go wrong with it. Is a great piece of tech, and last time I checked was affordable. (even super cheap for what it offers, and I always complain about prices)
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Thanks for the in-depth review Rad. This board looks really interesting, particularly if the size reduces in the future. How do you think the driving functions and sound compares with Bier?
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

B_Man wrote:Thanks for the in-depth review Rad. This board looks really interesting, particularly if the size reduces in the future. How do you think the driving functions and sound compares with Bier?
Driving functions are on par. There are 2 beiers which have some differences. All 3 boards have ultrasonic ESCs and excelent control. In 1:16 tanks, it would be a tie. In bigger tanks the match would be the SFR 1 D against the MTCU, and it would be a tie between those two. The SFR 1 HL is not as powerfull as the other, so specialy big and heavy tanks is a no go.

Regarding sounds, all three boards play DVD quality sounds, and all thre have plenty of user sounds and sound banks. It would be another tie... But with the motor sounds there are more differences and beiers are more complex and have loads of motor sounds more, gear changes simulation and so on.

For me, I'd get more beiers, but you all know I am the freakfunktion guy here, so I am sure a lot of guys would preffer the MTCU which is simpler to configure. What is clear is, if you do IR battles, get the MTCU without a shade of doubt. If you are not so pro with the radio and so on, still get the MTCU.

But if you are good with your radio and you like messing with it, and if want million lights and sounds, get the Beiers because you will enjoy it way more.

Return to “Other electronics”