Battery change

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Skid Kid
Recruit

Battery change

Post by Skid Kid »

I now am the proud owner of my 2nd RC tank, a 1/16 Henglong Tiger 1. Here is my question: I have had some bad experiences with Lipo batteries, I avoid them at all costs. Aside from a performance issue, are there any issues with me changing it out for a NiMH? The Tiger 1 came with a 7.4 V/1800mah battery. I want to run it with a 7.2v/3800mah NiMH battery. I need to know if Im going to destroy anything before I hook it up. Also, please dont give me a lecture about a Lipo battery, my past experiences will not change my mind. Thanks
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Battery change

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day Mr Skid, if you mean a small battery pack- its a Lithium Ion..........the normal big ones that come with older H/L tanks are Ni-cads.
While Lithium-Ion is NOT a Li-po, they do have similar issues from what the experts say.

As to your direct question of using a "normal" ni-cad battery(which I assume is a yellow one or an aftermarket version) than no damage will occur if you do.
I have cut the cables off 2 Li-ion batteries that came with a mates tank, and replaced them with a 3000mah ni-cad with zero problems last week.
Those went in the bin and the tank is restored to action !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

NiCads? I assume you mean NiMH, not seen a nicad for a while now! Yes,. A high capacity 7.4v nihm is what I'd recommend.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

General Jumbo01 wrote:NiCads? I assume you mean NiMH, not seen a nicad for a while now! Yes,. A high capacity 7.4v nihm is what I'd recommend.
Thats them..........
Common garden variety , not likely to blow or burn the house down.

https://www.batterydepot.com/blog/diffe ... -and-nimh/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Skid Kid
Recruit

Post by Skid Kid »

OK GREAT!!! This is what I thought but was unsure. Thank you for the information.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I cannot help wondering if we will be hearing from you again ,I genuinely hope we do and you become fully engaged in the Forum :thumbup:
I ask because the usual pattern is you go to the introduction page and say Hi with a little information about you and we come right back at you with a welcome and an invite to get involved BUT some people see this as a Q&A site,
WE ARE NO SUCH THING.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

No pressure then!! ;)

I'm happy to help anyone who shares similar interests so it's up to us members to make everyone welcome and, if WE do a good job, they will want to stay. A good forum will always be an information source so just be proud we do a good job at that too! We're all still learning Image

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “Other electronics”