Beier electronics SFR 1 HL.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Beier electronics SFR 1 HL.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I have my second SFR 1 HL on the way too. This one will be for my Panzer IV. Can't wait!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

The sound on the Beier boards do seem to be better than the Elmods. I'll have to see where I go in this hobby. Stay with 1/16 or 1/6 scale? Of course, by the time the 1/6 scale Panther is done I'll be too broke to do anything!

Jim, I eagerly await the fitting of the new Beier in Miss Leningrad. You'll have to make a video for comparison as most of us know her so well! :D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I sure will, Eric. My wife just sent me a photo of a DHL package that arrived in our mailbox today! And here I sit at work. :'( Sleet and ice are about to hit my area soon so I’ll have to leave work early. :D Darn!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

EAO wrote:The sound on the Beier boards do seem to be better than the Elmods.
There is indeed a big difference in audio quality. Not in the sounds included in the boards themselves, but in the quality of the sounds the board can play. The Sherman sounds in my video are made by myself, but the Beier board plays sounds in 44khz and Elmod just half of it, and the difference is very noticeable, specialy when playing music.

Besides that, Beier has a huge list of motor sound slots (acceleration, different sounds for the gears and so on) so it is way more complex. Of course creating a sound set that fits all those slots is a lot of work and a lot of trial error, but I recently found the software has a cool audio simulator which helps a lot when making the sets.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Okay! Here we go. Now I’ve got to get busy programming this jewel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:I sure will, Eric. My wife just sent me a photo of a DHL package that arrived in our mailbox today! And here I sit at work. :'( Sleet and ice are about to hit my area soon so I’ll have to leave work early. :D Darn!
Jim,

That's better than being a kid and having school called off due to snow! :D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

My new Beier arrived today! Weekend ahead for installing it in my Panzer IV!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Congratulations!! It’s a good time for Beier. I’m sitting here at work printing off the 110 page English manual right now. :shh:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:Congratulations!! It’s a good time for Beier. I’m sitting here at work printing off the 110 page English manual right now. :shh:
I applaud your effort reading it. My experience says most people won't read not even two lines, lol.

Anyway, even when such a thick manual might scare people away, I must say most things are really easy to config. Also a big chunk of the manual can be ignored if you are not using Graupner equipment, nautic switches and all of those other gadgets.

My installation is going very fast. I copied the Sherman radio model, changed the name to Panzer IV, asigned another number to the receiver, and the radio part was done.

Wiring, besides lights, is done too. All config in lights and do on is done as well. It seems I only have to make a nice motor sound set for it and refresh my user sounds. I am transfering files to it right now.
photo_2022-02-25_20-44-53.jpg
This thing is so small that my tank seems empty now. It has a smoke machine too (not pictured) but still, feels empty!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Hell, I’m still trying to scrounge up some old Heng Wrong connectors from my old junk parts box :haha:

Return to “Other electronics”