Beier electronics SFR 1 HL.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Beier electronics SFR 1 HL.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi guys, I reviewed another Beier board, which I found to be excellent.

Written review here: https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... -sfr-1-hl/

And a couple of videos here.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Re: Beier electronics SFR 1 HL.

Post by Kaczor »

Amazing sound quality. Look like perfect fit for my Oddball's Sherman (which is now static model after I sell Open Panzer and Benedini) ;)
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:Amazing sound quality. Look like perfect fit for my Oddball's Sherman (which is now static model after I sell Open Panzer and Benedini) ;)
Yes, it is just great. Any questions I'll be happy to help!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yee haw! Just placed my order for one of the SFR 1-HL boards for my beloved Tiger 1 (Ol’ Ugly). Guess I’ll have an Elmod Fusion Pro for sale now as well.
Thanks for the great board review, Rad. I blame you 100% for my electronic upgrade insanity.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Most very excellent Mr Rad, a great job and very well thought out.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. :)
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I really didn't need a reason to spend money on another board but the quality of those sound files does leave the El Mod in the shade. How difficult is it to create new sound files for a Beier board Rad, are they in a propitiatory format or something open like .wav?
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Not proprietary. Yes .wav files up to 44.1khz sound quality. Beier recommends the free open source program called audacity if you want to edit and customize your own audio files. Beier also has a library of sound files that is available for download.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

And Beier SFR-1-HL is 50(!) EUR cheaper than Beier SFR-1-D! Look like fantastic solution for plug and play swapping to HL, Taigen and Mato tanks.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

B_Man wrote:I really didn't need a reason to spend money on another board but the quality of those sound files does leave the El Mod in the shade. How difficult is it to create new sound files for a Beier board Rad, are they in a propitiatory format or something open like .wav?
Man, I wrote about that in my review, lol. Yes, the files are free to edit and use. The software DVD/USB Stick comes with software (Audacity) for editing and creating your own sounds and in the manual they explain you how to do it.

In my Sherman setup, the motor sounds are made by myself, machine guns and cannon are Beier sounds, music is downloaded from youtube and tank commander voices were extracted from a videogame, so you can have an idea of the flexibility, lol.
But indeed the most important difference with Elmod in audio is, as Shagnigico said, Beier plays 44.1khz sound quality, meanwhile Elmod half of it, plus it has some speaker hishing, which is very noticeable for me.

The other reasons that made me swap my Elmod with the beier is to have free and better control of my tank with no ESCs whinning, way more light outputs free to config to my taste, and...

Kaczor wrote:And Beier SFR-1-HL is 50(!) EUR cheaper than Beier SFR-1-D! Look like fantastic solution for plug and play swapping to HL, Taigen and Mato tanks.
...and the price. It is not only cheaper than the SFR 1 D, but cheaper than the new Elmods. If I were getting the new Elmod, I'd had to get the SBUS adaptor (16 eur) and the FX Expander (44 eur), and at the end of all you pay more for having way less.

Also please all of you don't get me wrong, I still believe the Elmod Fusion Pro is a great board and much better than other alternatives like tamiya, IBU, clark and so on, but IMHO I found the Beier much better in every aspect. And much, much better than the Fusion X.

Return to “Other electronics”