Replacement steering servo for torro M-16

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
tk1608
Recruit

Replacement steering servo for torro M-16

Post by tk1608 »

Hi guys

I need a new steering servo for my M-16.
I bought it second hand and I think the gears inside are stripped.
There is still power to it.
I sent for a new one from torro spares in Germany, but this is totally dead, and they won’t send another, as they say it worked when it left them. They want me to send the whole model to them to check it. That’s not really an option for me, it’ll probably get mashed in the post.

I really need another as I’m really stuck.
I’m not bothered about a torro one, just one that works and fits into the existing slot.
I’m concerned that if I get a different make, it might fry the board, then the model’s totally shot..

Hope someone can help
Many thanks
Phil
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Replacement steering servo for torro M-16

Post by Kaczor »

There are standard Chinese micro servos there. Nothing fancy.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( if it is the original electronics? am not convinced that is a servo, traditional, as we know it, but more an all or nothing system, like on some Chinese RC toys?
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi tk1608.

I dont have one of these but basic R/C skills apply here.

You say the new servo is completely dead, just a thought, with the new servo plugged into the receiver does it twitch when you switch the model on ? If so power is getting to it but no signal, check the yellow or white wire.
This may appear to be a silly question..BUT is the servo plug polorised.?...ie does it have a little lip on one side of the plug so it will only go into the receiver one way, if not then you may have the servo plug in the wrong way around, it has been done many times before.

Modern R/C systems were standardised many yrs ago now with the center pin being red ie positive, BUT if its in the wrong way you will get negative and signal mixed up, it won't cause damage but it will just be dead as there will be no neg or signal to the servo.

Plus do you have a servo tester to test the servos, or any other rc receiver and tx to plug them in to test each one, if they work there then its your control board.

Hope this gives you something to go on, plus a few pics helps lots as someone may see the issue if its obvious to a seasoned R/C user.
Regards
Sub.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When I bought my Torro M16 the very first thing I did was to remove the PCB and replace it with an ELMOD Specific to the M16 control board,
The whole vehicle is a doddle to mod including the electrics so spend a little more and you will transform your half track :thumbup:
If you need tips and assistance go to U-Tube.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Only problem is that elmod for M16 is three times as expensive as truck itself ;)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Yes but it does give the M16 decent r/c range rather than the few metres of the original control board.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Other electronics”