Tokyo Marui controller prblem

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
shmbry
Recruit

Tokyo Marui controller prblem

Post by shmbry »

Hello

I have just bought a second hand TM Tiger 1. All functions are working , but there is a problem. When pressing the buttons (2 speed) to turn left the left hand track runs, and when turning right the right hand track runs. Thus the turning controls are reversed. I have tried pressing forward and a turning button, but they cancel each other out and likewise for reverse. Everything else operates as it should including forwards and reverse so I don't think it's a polarity problem. I have removed the top of the model and none of the wiring has been disturbed, there are no signs of any soldering being done and all looks as it should when it left the factory. There don't seem to be any plugs that could have been reversed. The board in the hand controller must be in the correct orientation otherwise the other controls wouldn't operate as they should.

Has anyone heard of a similar problem?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tokyo Marui controller prblem

Post by jhamm »

There's a remarkable wealth of knowledge here on RC Tank Warfare, so there should be no problem getting you some help. But for starters, bop on over to the "Introduce Yourself " section (viewforum.php?f=42) and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us. After you do the introduction, you'll likely find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too.

Return to “Other electronics”