electronics

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
finn
Recruit

electronics

Post by finn »

Help required. Fitted a used replacement Taigen v2/v3 into Taigen Airsoft Tiger tank. Everything works fine but no main gun sound or working airsoft (not bothered about the airsoft). Purchased Taigen high intensity flash unit. Fitted 5 pin plug into flash and recoil socket (don't have recoil on this tank) on motherboard. 2 wires are left unconnected. Now everything works plus main gun sound! but no flash. Looked for advice and you tube video said if not working connect the 2 unconnected wires together. Gun sound and flash work great! however work constantly all the time and without command from transmitter.
Any advice much appreciated as I have about as much knowledge of electronics as I do about Egyptian hyroglyphics which is ZERO.
Regards Finn
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: electronics

Post by Jarlath »

Maybe this will help!
Sounds like you are missing the contact switch wires located on the airsoft mechanism.
Attachments
Wiring_Diagram_BB_2019_no_RKL_1024x1024.jpg
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Continuous shooting is due to the two wire contact being stuck closed (aka completing the circuit).
A picture of your wiring to the Taigen MFU would be helpful however.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I'll also let you in on a secret. You need to power the BB unit (aka spool it up) so that the internals will trip that two wire contact (aka making the connection to trigger the sound and flash).
finn
Recruit

Post by finn »

Hi Many thanks for the replies. Looked at the bb unit and it does not have the contact on the rear of the unit that the 2 wires from flash unit can connect to. Does exist on my other tank. Will replace with another unit. Again many thanks.

Return to “Other electronics”