TORRO RX18 cannot bind to transmitter

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

TORRO RX18 cannot bind to transmitter

Post by kintaroukinji »

I am now controlling multiple (two) tank models with one transmitter. The transceiver is 2.4GHz TORRO (TAIGEN) RX18 (ver.1). The sound board uses Beier USM-HL2. I also own one spare RX18 that is already bound to this transmitter. One day, when I changed the wiring of one tank model, for some reason the binding with that tank was broken. Of course, there is no burning of the board. I tried binding again based on the binding procedure, but it did not succeed. So I replaced it with a spare RX18, but I still can't bind. The transmitter and tank battery voltage is fine. So I checked the binding between this transmitter and another tank, and the binding was successful.
Then I tried to bind with a completely different TORRO / TAIGEN transmitter, but I couldn't. On the contrary, the binding between this transmitter and the tank that was already bound has been broken.
When binding one TORRO / TAIGEN transmitter with multiple RX18s, are there any restrictions on the number or other factors?
Until now, one transmitter could control two tanks.
For example, is it possible that once the binding is broken, it cannot be bound again? Even if I get a new transmitter, I am afraid that this transmitter will not be able to bind to my current RX18. Anyone who knows or has experience, please let me know. By the way, I think there is no mistake because the binding method has been implemented several times.
The same question is listed in the general questions in this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP5tebC4tk
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TORRO RX18 cannot bind to transmitter

Post by Jofaur86 »

o- watching your videos again, it seems to me that you are not doing procedure 6: turn off the tank and the radio then go to procedure 7, turn on the radio, wait a moment, turn on the tank, and push the start switch .
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I wonder what's up: I have no trouble binding stock Taigen/Torro transmitters to other Taigen/Torro tanks nor re-binding them to the same tanks. The only trick I have not tried is running two Taigen/Torro tanks simultaneously from the same transmitter. Now these are all Taigen V2 and V3 transmitters. What transmitter(s) are you using?

Above all, before you buy another transmitter, let me know by PM. I have extras of the V2 because I am switching out to V3 for the variety of at least reasonably accurate engine sounds.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Jofaur86 wrote:o- watching your videos again, it seems to me that you are not doing procedure 6: turn off the tank and the radio then go to procedure 7, turn on the radio, wait a moment, turn on the tank, and push the start switch .
Thank you for reply. I've already done the steps you say. Normally, if the binding is successful, the machine gun sound will be generated by USM-HL2 as soon as the transmitter flicker is finished, but this time it will not. The USM-HL2 sound board indicates that there is no signal received from the RX18.
Last edited by kintaroukinji on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I wonder what's up: I have no trouble binding stock Taigen/Torro transmitters to other Taigen/Torro tanks nor re-binding them to the same tanks. The only trick I have not tried is running two Taigen/Torro tanks simultaneously from the same transmitter. Now these are all Taigen V2 and V3 transmitters. What transmitter(s) are you using?

Above all, before you buy another transmitter, let me know by PM. I have extras of the V2 because I am switching out to V3 for the variety of at least reasonably accurate engine sounds.
Thank you for your reply. The TORRO transceiver I am currently using is ver.1 that can be used with Beier USM-HL2. This TORRO transmitter (ver.1) continues to be bound to another tank model (T-90). The binding with second tank model (M1A2 Abrams) that had been bound to this transmitter suddenly broke, and the binding cannot be restored. Is there a trick to bind two at the same time? I'd like to try it, but I'm a little scared because the tank model whose binding is alive now may also break the binding.
I've heard that one transmitter can bind up to six receivers. Can you think of the following possibilities? My TORRO transmitter has already been bound to 6 RX18s, and if the binding with the last bound RX18 is broken, this transmitter can no longer be bound again.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I think you can contact Beier, they probably have the answers for this. They are fast answering emails.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

kintaroukinji wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:o- watching your videos again, it seems to me that you are not doing procedure 6: turn off the tank and the radio then go to procedure 7, turn on the radio, wait a moment, turn on the tank, and push the start switch .
Thank you for reply. I've already done the steps you say. Normally, if the binding is successful, the machine gun sound will be generated by USM-HL2 as soon as the transmitter flicker is finished, but this time it will not. The USM-HL2 sound board indicates that there is no signal received from the RX18.
:( OK, but you are relying on the Beier module to confirm the non-link? Personally and to be logical, I would try it, Binder RX and TX without the module, see if it works? is this the only solution to confirm the correct functioning of the board? you must already proceed by eliminating each item in order. Hope you will find your problem quickly, have a good week
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you for reply. Of course I completely removed the Beier USM-HL2 from the tank and tried binding with the TORRO system alone, but the result was the same.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:O
then ? a French proverb, says, I give my tongue to the cat, when we no longer know !!! am I going to say something stupid? but are the two elements compatible and of the same generation?
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you for reply. Of course, it is of the same generation. When I bought this, there was only ver.1 as a product. In fact, I was able to pair it until now. To be honest, I'm a little giving up. I thought that the static electricity might be bad, so I left the RX18 completely separated for a while, removed the static electricity, and then tried binding with the TORRO transmitter and the RX18 alone, but the result was still unsuccessful.

Return to “Other electronics”