Review Beier SFR 1 D. Best electronics I have seen so far!

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Review Beier SFR 1 D. Best electronics I have seen so fa

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

maxmekker wrote:any video of this board in action ?
I am supposed to make a video of it, but the pain I am suffering with the damn Hooben T54 that is going to carry it and my lack of time, is delaying it to the infinite.
I guess you have already read my review in my website, but if that is not enough there are loads of videos in youtube of the truck version, which shares many of the functions.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m far from getting the rest of my sounds loaded up and the turret connections are still waiting for my attention but I’ll make a short driving demonstration video probably this evening.
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

thanks

nothing beats a good video :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Not my best driving after mowing the yard a few adult drinks but I wanted to post a short video. I have not made adjustments to the driving parameters such as inertia and realistic braking but it sure does have the ability to creep and absolutely no irritating whining noise whatsoever. Check out how sweet the Taigen suspension is while going over the ramp edge. Very soft ride! Oops! I believe I have the inertia setting applied to the turn motor but not the main drive motor. I’ll fix that. I thought something was funny.
phpBB [video]
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

wery nice demo video :thumbup:

thanks for taking the time
Drammen Rock City
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

always loved the sound of the Beier cards, still have 3 USM-HL in a box, since I swaped from rx18 to elmods... but the beier sound was and still is the better, for me...

I spent hours and hours of work to get the sounds installed that I liked, the beier that was on my tiki tiger had the sounds of the bovington tiger 131, all of them taken from the tons of videos that I downloaded, I extracted the sound and mounted and installed on the card ... many hours of work!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:think: So, Jim, did you get a DUI for that tank driving? I see you took it nice and sla...hic...slah...hic...slough...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Almost. The officer said I looked tanked. I only got a warning for not having my Tiger on a leash.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Damn Jim, that looks nice!

I've been off the board for several days trying to get my chores caught up so I could come down to the cabin. I didn't bring my tank along because I knew the weather was supposed to be calling for heavy thunderstorms. I woke up this morning to apocalyptic thunder and lighting. Watched the always impressive "Mother Nature" as we had a tornado warning with rotation basically right on top of us! 8O No touch down and no damage, but it's always interesting as there is no place to really seek shelter here at the cabin. Cower in the bathtub or just watch it happen and hope for the best!?! :wtf: At any rate, blah, blah, blah! :/

I dare say that the Beier board does seem to be smoother than my much loved Elmod Fusion Pro! Once again I'm vacillating wildly, but will probably have to live vicariously through you, at least until the coffers are restored to a healthier level! I guess I shouldn't be surprised; as with all electronics, advances seem to proceed ahead at breakneck speed! I do also love the new engine sounds too! So much to envy! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Bought a Clark tk80spg2 back in February. Received it in April. It stopped working within a week, sent it back. Just got it back from Clark this week, still doesn’t work.

Bought a Beier sfr-1D tonight. Hope I can make gbs work with it. Anybody have experience with beier in a modern tank, ie GBS?

Return to “Other electronics”