Review Beier SFR 1 D. Best electronics I have seen so far!

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Review Beier SFR 1 D. Best electronics I have seen so fa

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Kaczor wrote:On schematics is only one xenon flash. IMHO it's not worth to change from elmod if you have everything setup as you want already.
That is what I though until I had it in my hands.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I just ordered one and I just figured out what to use it on. My Civil War gunboat has 13 cannons and I’ll be able to have LEDs in each one with running lights left over not to mention awesome sounds. Gotta keep that baby dry! Maybe a Tupperware and silicone. If it really makes me happy I’ll get one for my Tiger.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Awww Man!

Here I have the Elmod Fusion Pro thinking it was the "cat's ass"! :/ Now there's something better?! :wtf: I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how fast technology moves these days. And I'm totally not surprised that it was Rad who found it! :crazy: :clap: :wave: Since I'm very happy with the Elmod, I'll just stick with it (that and the fact that I'm broke). But damn Jim, you make me green with envy! ;D

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

The more I read about it, the more excited I am about it. I would love to put it in my Tiger but I would be wasting all those awesome light functions. Just can’t figure out a use for them besides the basics.
Hell, it makes me want to build a model around the electronics instead of the other way around 8)
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:The more I read about it, the more excited I am about it. I would love to put it in my Tiger but I would be wasting all those awesome light functions. Just can’t figure out a use for them besides the basics.
Hell, it makes me want to build a model around the electronics instead of the other way around 8)
Yeah, the Tiger was not famous for the amount of lights it had, lol. So far I could only think of the headlight, a second intensity for the headlight, notek rear light, an incorrect rear/braking light that I always install in my toys, interior lights and something I am planning to do in my tanks, to fit a diminute SMD led inside the exhausts so it will simulate they become red hot. First experiments in that subject are amazing!

But you were planning to make a ghost tiger I, didn't you? There I would fit lights everywhere, even under the tank, lighting the floor in some phantasmagoric color and even inside the crew. Nothing would beat the badassness of a tank crew with glowing led eyes!!! I''d piss my pants with that last ultimate wunderwaffe.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Jimster wrote:The more I read about it, the more excited I am about it. I would love to put it in my Tiger but I would be wasting all those awesome light functions. Just can’t figure out a use for them besides the basics.
Yeah, the Tiger was not famous for the amount of lights it had, lol. So far I could only think of the headlight, a second intensity for the headlight, notek rear light, an incorrect rear/braking light that I always install in my toys, interior lights and something I am planning to do in my tanks, to fit a diminute SMD led inside the exhausts so it will simulate they become red hot. First experiments in that subject are amazing!

But you were planning to make a ghost tiger I, didn't you? There I would fit lights everywhere, even under the tank, lighting the floor in some phantasmagoric color and even inside the crew. Nothing would beat the badassness of a tank crew with glowing led eyes!!! I''d piss my pants with that last ultimate wunderwaffe.
Rad,

My God man, does that brain of your's ever take a break?! :crazy: I have to admit though, the Ghost Tiger lighting is one hell of an idea! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Just a follow up. I’ve installed this Beier sfr 1-D into my Tiger and all I can say is wow! I still have much left to program for sounds and turret function connections but I have the driving adjustments pretty much hammered out. This is actually an improvement over my Elmod for sloow speed control in all directions and no need to hesitate between spin turn and forward driving as with the Elmod. I still have much time left to study and experiment with parameters and options but this is already WELL worth the upgrade. For anybody interested in absolute realistic motor control adjustable to your hearts content, this board will please. I’ll post a video as soon as I get everything dialed in just the way I want it.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

And for those who might wonder, this board works perfectly for PDSGB style gearboxes. Just select “two separate esc’s” under motor control options. Then select to invert both the motors. At least I had to invert them. Maybe you won’t have to.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Glad you liked it! It is indeed a massive improvement over Elmod in every aspect, but specially in driving. Finally we can drive the tank how we want, and not like Mr Elmod wants. Check also you can program two profiles in the tank and you can swap between them just flicking a switch in your radio. That is great if you want to have one profile with your inertia and another with no inertia for better control in decisive moments.
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

any video of this board in action ?
Drammen Rock City

Return to “Other electronics”