Charging transmitters

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Charging transmitters

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Yes, all my Futaba TX have charge sockets but they all cost more each than a HL basic tank so maybe that's why their trannies don't! I don't think you'll suffer electrocution from a 7.2 DC feed and my fake and genuine B6 AC V2 chargers have a standard 4mv cutoff sensor for nihms and they always detect. Warm is normal. There are also temp sensors that can be fitted but they have to sit on the cells.

A lot of advancement has been made since nicads were the norm, both in cells and chargers, so you may have some catching up to do before purchasing. If you have a good, well stocked dedicated RC shop you can visit for a chat it would probably be worth your while. Re a charger, the B6....one mentioned above is great value, will correctly charge anything/type of cells and is very popular here (even the cheaper fakes work perfectly well - but that's a matter for your conscience! ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D
Jardnice à Raison, in addition effectively considered as toys, by HL, or others, hence the use of batteries and not batteries in the transmitter.
And like the original chargers, are only simple transformers with 4 diodes, :O
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

jarndice wrote:
SimonCornes wrote:Its certainly easy enough to add a socket Jofaur but, as you say, the manufacturer doesn't provide one. All of my Futaba transmitters have charging sockets - but they also use 8 cell battery packs. Its never been an issue but I don't know if its because Heng Long and Taigen think of these tanks as 'toys' that they don't include rechargeable transmitter batteries.
I think it is as high tech as the fact that the moulds for the Transmitters were designed years before such things were thought of and any change would add to a cost that Heng Long/Taigen/Torro would not get back.
They've been around that long? Okay, yes I can imagine their reticence but a pity nonetheless.

Return to “Other electronics”