Halftrack VCU electronics

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Snowwolflair
Private

Halftrack VCU electronics

Post by Snowwolflair »

I am about to build a 1/16 sdkfz 251/7 based on the https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de semi kit.

I want to electronically replicate the independent track braking on steering turns and I am trying to find a suitable controller.

Worst case I can do this with cut-out switches triggered by the steering servo, however I am hoping there might be a more elegant solution available.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Halftrack VCU electronics

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Snowwolflair.

It would be very good if you could give us a little knowledge about yourself with regards to this hobby, it helps us help you, by knowing your skill levels for one.

Therefore may I suggest that you pop over to our introduction section as per request within your welcome private message :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

Thank you for the welcome.

In summary I have been building models for 50 years, I am an electronic engineer and I have a simple philosophy if I cannot buy it I design and make it.

Interests are R?C 1/16 tanks and 1/96 warships and N gauge trains which I design and 3d print.

I will drop a copy of this into introduction section.
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

Just awaiting front shields from Ludwig, detail painting, transfers and weathering.

Return to “Other electronics”