LegoDEI IR Pill Box

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
quitcherbitchen
Private

LegoDEI IR Pill Box

Post by quitcherbitchen »

Well my goodies showed up from a local tanker here in LA. He makes these really cool pill boxes that can trigger other devices. I already have made an air cannon for simulated explosions. SO why not use it with the tank? :clap:
LegoDEI pill box for IR Battle.  Triggers lights and other devices in series.
LegoDEI pill box for IR Battle. Triggers lights and other devices in series.
The air cannon is made from an old fire extinguisher that has a 1" electric sprinkler solenoid attached. The tubing in front of the valve is filled with flour. It takes only 6 volts to trigger the valve but it is rated at 24 volts. I use a 2s lipo battery connected to a Hobby King turnigy remote switch that takes commands from the pill box. So 7 volts seems to work. When triggered it creates a simulated explosion. I hooked up a speaker for more of a real boom sound. I used a RAM 16" naval gun noise. I use a bicycle pump to pump up the air cannon. I usually put in 60 psi.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ8XHCv ... e=youtu.be When I get it all hooked up I am hoping to show a video of the tank triggering the explosion with an IR hit on the pill box. Up to this point I was using my radio to trigger the explosion. More sporting if the tank can score a hit. The neighbors actually donate flour and spices for my grown up shenanigans. :haha: The whole thing cost $60 with half the cost being the pill box.
Attachments
schematic for the pill box
schematic for the pill box
Pill box schematic.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
close up of parts.  The soda bottle top is to help fill the cannon with flour.
close up of parts. The soda bottle top is to help fill the cannon with flour.
with all the parts in place.
with all the parts in place.
AIr Cannon made with an old 5 LB fire extinguisher and a 24volt sprinkler solenoid valve 1" diameter and a Turnigy remote switch that the box triggers with a hit
AIr Cannon made with an old 5 LB fire extinguisher and a 24volt sprinkler solenoid valve 1" diameter and a Turnigy remote switch that the box triggers with a hit
bottom with 3,7 volt li ion battery
bottom with 3,7 volt li ion battery
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: LegoDEI IR Pill Box

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very cool effect qb 8) now all you need is some pyrotechnics and it will be awesome :D :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Other electronics”