motor lacking power??

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
jcole134
Recruit

motor lacking power??

Post by jcole134 »

Hello, I recently purchased both the metal turret motor and small metal turret ring from forgebeartanks so that I could upgrade the default plastic ones in my Taigen Panther G tank. I installed the metal turret ring first and it worked perfectly well with the plastic turret motor. I then installed the metal turret motor which required some soldering BUT I have an issue. If I test the motor whilst its not attached to the turret ring it works fine BUT if I try to use it with the turret ring it acts as if it doesn't quite have the power to rotate the ring and instead makes noise but nothing else. Any suggestions?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: motor lacking power??

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Will the motor for the plastic unit fit into the metal unit?
If it will, it would be a good way to find out if it's the motor that's at fault.
But I would recommend taking out the motor from the metal unit first, check the pinion and then fit the metal unit without the motor to check if you have jamming or poorly meshing gears.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: motor lacking power??

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D

the dentition, shape and number of teeth are identical to the old system, check manually if everything meshes well, or if there is no problem with fixings, which can cause poor coupling of the two, ???

Return to “Other electronics”