HL to Taigen swap

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
mike57
Recruit

Re: HL to Taigen swap

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:From what I can gather, the wiring within the two makes of tanks, Heng Long and Taigen is different. Both turrets are wired in a slightly different way. Also the small board fitted within the top hull is wired and connected to differently between the makes.
It would be best to have the wiring diagram for the Taigen unit, and change the small top hull board and turret wiring layout to suit the Taigen.
The information you received about the Taigen board being ok to use in a Heng Long is correct, but it does take a bit of know how to do it.

I'm trying to find the turret rewiring information. Or, hopefully someone will chip in that already knows it.
Thankyou, The HL tank doesnt have a board in the turret, everything is directly wired, I've just ordered a Taigen smoke unit and an 8+3+2 pin board from Forgebear, after a previous reply. 'm not confident about doing the work and it doesn't look like there is anyone local who can help. I am a total novice and know absolutely nothing about electronics!
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:I could take a look but you would need to send it to me along with everything you want installing
Thankyou, where are you based?
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

once you get into it your find its not difficult it just seems a bit daunting with people saying this wire goes here that 1 goes there, you need to change this and that
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:From what I can gather, the wiring within the two makes of tanks, Heng Long and Taigen is different. Both turrets are wired in a slightly different way. Also the small board fitted within the top hull is wired and connected to differently between the makes.
It would be best to have the wiring diagram for the Taigen unit, and change the small top hull board and turret wiring layout to suit the Taigen.
The information you received about the Taigen board being ok to use in a Heng Long is correct, but it does take a bit of know how to do it.

I'm trying to find the turret rewiring information. Or, hopefully someone will chip in that already knows it.
Thankyou, I need all the help I can get!! :lolno:
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

john1970 wrote:once you get into it your find its not difficult it just seems a bit daunting with people saying this wire goes here that 1 goes there, you need to change this and that
I hope it's easy lol
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry Mike, never said there was a little board in the turret, I said under the top hull. As it happens, John gave you a link to the little board with sockets on.

Within the turret, where the wires go to the BB unit and elevation unit has to be changed in the turret, just how John stated.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

My apologies, I found the re wiring information I was looking for, unfortunately it was for converting Taigen to Heng Long electronics. And the very useful information was from john1970.
Sadly the opposite to what you need, and it would probably confuse the issue even more.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Would it be possible to have a photo below the upper frame? In order to see existing wiring ?the are several types .....
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Like this
0DB19219-86F3-4D42-9948-1CB834678166.jpeg
0DB19219-86F3-4D42-9948-1CB834678166.jpeg (46.85 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Or this
868FA38E-701B-45B3-9A31-3F7A2009997A.jpeg
mike57
Recruit

Post by mike57 »

hull wiring.jpg
Everything in the top hull is directly connected to the main board, no upper hull board. I have bought an upper hull board with 8+3+2 pin plugs and a cable set, just have to figure out what goes where!

Return to “Other electronics”