JCC's Recoil Units - Questions for consumers...

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
john1970
Corporal

Re: JCC's Recoil Units - Questions for consumers...

Post by john1970 »

PershingLover wrote:How do you do elevation? Servos?

Also, how do servos plug into an MFU?
Elevation would be done by the heng long unit already in your tank and you could get a MAKO board which will allow you to keep your original mfu
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Will one fit in my crusader. It’s quite basic at the moment with very little in turret. Would need servo elevation
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Can you post a link to a MAKO Board, please?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Hrmm, 40 dollars and high shipping, that's not the greatest
Jarlath wrote:
B_Man wrote:I haven't used your kits yet Jarlath so can't give you any feedback there but it would be great to see a kit designed for turretless tank destroyers like stugs and jagdpanthers. A self contained recoil unit that allows for elevation and limited traverse would be very useful.
A HL JP (my youngest son's) was the original prototype recoil unit. Finally replaced 2 years later when my Son decided to run off a bridge barrel first...

Next Gen version will be able to use side mounted elevation sets from HL. No traverse unfortunately.

Side to side traverse is a Pita... Especially to make compact and reliable (I want these units to last for 2+ years of usage, hence the metal gear servoes.)
Each Tank would be different and would be much harder to enact... AKA, Mounting for STUG is different from Mounting for JP.
ow to make a unit that would basically encompass 3 servos and a framework...
  • Recoil Servo- Main body
  • Installed into traverse bracket
  • Traverse Servo - separate from main body attached to traverse bracket.
  • Installed into elevation Bracket
  • Elevation Servo controls bracket elevation, via Arm or Linkage
Not saying it is not possible... Just the space constrains are a pita when not using metal for bracketry.

This picture seems to show a very simple setup, without the use of a MAKO board, does it work like that?
jimbo_wa
Corporal

JCC's Recoil Units - Questions for consumers...

Post by jimbo_wa »

$40 Australian dollars and shipping was really cheap (free) to the UK when I bought mine last year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Says free worldwide shipping when I look at the page. Roughly $25 US for the Mako 2020
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Oh, it's Aussie dollars.. I thought they used kangaroos...

That's a much better price, but I still would like to know about the Jagdpanther setup.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

PershingLover wrote:This picture seems to show a very simple setup, without the use of a MAKO board, does it work like that?
All my battling tanks use a Clark aftermarket boards, TK22 (up to TK-60). They allow for use of servos for recoil and elevation. I have an IBU that I am saving for a special project tank.
Servo recoil cannot be used by a stock HL/Taigen MFU type.

Older MAKO boards did not have servo recoil adaptability (They were purely for Tamiya IR Compatibility)
Newer ones (MAKO 2018/2019/2020/TK6.0) have servo recoil as well as some other features.

Return to “Other electronics”