JCC Recoil w/ Tamiya

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
PershingLover
Corporal

JCC Recoil w/ Tamiya

Post by PershingLover »

Hope this is the right place.

Can a JCC Compact recoil work with a Tamiya barrel with little DIY?

And how does the recoil unit work with the elevation?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: JCC Recoil w/ Tamiya

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

According to Jarlath himself, he doesn't know what using the unit with a Tamiya barrel would involve- or even if it's a practical option. Fitment would vary from model to model anyway. :problem:
viewtopic.php?t=28884
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I've never had the opportunity to refit a Tamiya turret with a JCC recoil unit... Can it be done? I'm sure it could be. No idea on how much DIY you would have to do however...
(Why would you want to BTW? Tamiya's recoil/elevation systems are a wonderful bit of engineering, albeit a bit slow in recoil..)

Again, not 100% understanding your elevation question.
As in how does the elevation servo system work for the JCC recoil?
(One of the first videos regarding the unit, so please forgive the bad camera, horrific humming/singing to myself/etc...)
phpBB [video]
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Well, first, do you have your own shop? Forgebear is great, but Canada is much closer to me.

What I want to do is put a Tamiya Pershing barrel and outer mantlet onto a Heng Long inner and turret. Since the airsoft would no longer work, I want to put a recoil that would fit a Tamiya barrel, and a Heng Long turret. Make sense?
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Ahh. As I do not have a Pershing Tank, I do not know the barrel sizes... I did refit a M41 Bulldog (HL Airsoft) into a recoiling version via DIY (Thread HERE.)

It all depends as well on the barrel. My recoil "Barrel Mount" was designed for a typical airsoft barrel diameter and has about 16mm of depth. Most barrels in HL need to be cut to a proper length.
In this case the original barrel was a thick molded plastic that was part of the mantlet with the airsoft tube contained inside... But it was a HL, and I had it in hand :)

Can it be DIY'd? Yes absolutely... It could be as simple as making your own "barrel mount" component of the recoil kit.

Return to “Other electronics”