Barrel recoil, flash and gun fire sound has stopped

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Sav354
Recruit

Barrel recoil, flash and gun fire sound has stopped

Post by Sav354 »

Hi, my son’s Torro Tiger 1 barrel recoil, flash and gun fire sound has stopped

On looking inside I noticed that the blue and grey wires had come loose from the five pin JST-HX that controls the IR on the RX18 board I replaced the terminals and refitted them but it still doesn’t recoil flash or make a sound when firing.

This is my first RC tank and looking at the recoil unit the small contact breaker dose not automatically come together when firing is operated on the controller, however manually operated everything works all wires appear to be in place but I cant seem to find the problem.

The tanks only a month old and I am desperate to get it sorted.

Please can anyone advise me on how to get it working again?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Barrel recoil, flash and gun fire sound has stopped

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Is the earth/ground wire from the recoil unit to the power (on/off) switch intact? Check to see whether it's a dry joint there (continuity check). Note: whilst it's a ground/earth wire, it may actually be coloured red.
A poor connection there would produce the symptoms you describe. Also, when running checks ensure that the battery is fully charged. Anomalies are often thrown up by weak batteries.
The tank should be under warranty, and you really shouldn't have had a loose wire problem with a new tank. You're within your rights to ask for a replacement. :|
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Could the micro switch on the recoil need adjustment? If that's the case it's a simple fix. :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :D
Our friend,with good reason ,we must already make sure that the battery is properly charged,and be wary of the original chargers which are worth nothing :| un battery are charged 14 hours,morever the IR function is not involved for the recoil and the flash,a photo would be welcome ,to. Check if wiring compliant.Otherwise see warranty with seller .
Sav354
Recruit

Post by Sav354 »

Hi guys thanks for the advice I’ve tried;

1. Fresh recharged battery, no change.
2. Carried out continuity checks from the recoil unit to the (on/off) switch that’s good.
3. Continuity checks from recoil breaker switch to RX18 board both wires are good.
4. Tried bringing the contacts on the recoil breaker switch closer together but they still don’t connect when firing.

I think it’s going to have to go back for a replacement but I’d like to sort it myself if I can.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

It may sound silly but have you checked the simple stuff ?
There's an on/off switch for the gun under the loaders hatch on the turret is this switched to the on position
when changing the battery on a Torro tiger you take the upper hull off this can have the effect of slightly pulling out the 8 pin wire from the main board or the board screwed to the upper hull is it pushed in fully to both boards.
The 3 pin plug that comes from the turret to the board screwed to the lower hull check all the wires are connected into the plug
Do you still have gun elevation if so it could indicate a loose wire from the on/off switch on the turret which you cant check without taking the turret apart.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening :D
Check wath " john 1970 " says,on the other and know can you know that your battery is fully
Charged 8O is this the original charger ( already asked ?) it is not because one or 2 leds wirk that the
Battery is OK :O I itis necessary to make the test with an engine ( big consumer) it is a system shooting ball ? Or recul Asiatam ? If infrared battle ?it us Asuatam if the case verufy that karge red ir black wire it is a minus Chinese,logic??is well connected,or that a wire is unsoldered,but for this ig is necessary to open the turret :'(
Sav354
Recruit

Post by Sav354 »

Just an update I’ve found the problem a loose wire to on/off switch thanks John1970 all sorted and back together working, thanks lads for all your advice and help much appreciated.

Return to “Other electronics”