Controller Q

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Kjaer79
Recruit

Controller Q

Post by Kjaer79 »

Hey
it's an incredibl job everyone's doing.
and you have my full respect

a few members in here write that they are, or thinking of get it working off a std 2.4ghz Flight controller?

It is something I have thoughts of trying myself

But unfortunately I cannot find a description of how it can be done.
Are someone who have tried and will tell about their eperiences good or bad?

Best regards.
Jakob from Denmark
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Controller Q

Post by General Jumbo01 »

If you mean a standard hobby grade 'sticks' transmitter, it is reasonably easy if you are prepared to use or fit a compatible receiver / multi function unit or control card.

The new Taigen mfu comes complete with cables to connect with a 6 or more channel receiver (spare channels are useful for custom extras), all custom cards are compatible or you could even fit out all the tank functions using ESCs, servos and switch cards, though triggering correct sounds to all functions is harder. With the Taigen mfu you can also mix and match.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Kjaer79
Recruit

Post by Kjaer79 »

thanks for your reply.
no I'm not thinking about the transmitter.
But the flight crontroller board. The most are open source just like "the Open Panzer Project".
I have an EMAX Skyline32 + OSD board in excess.
And would like to use it as a control board in my upcoming 1/16 tank
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Flight controller. I think you'll find my answer still applies. Each RC hobby has its own names and terms for the same sort of 'things'! We tend to refer to them as Multi Function Units or MFUs because that's what they are. In model planes l guess you have flight controllers.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
TxRx
Recruit

Post by TxRx »

Kjaer79 wrote:thanks for your reply.
no I'm not thinking about the transmitter.
But the flight crontroller board. The most are open source just like "the Open Panzer Project".
I have an EMAX Skyline32 + OSD board in excess.
And would like to use it as a control board in my upcoming 1/16 tank
If you search for ardupilot or ardurover you can find out whether your particular flight controller has a premade image available for it. I’ve loaded it onto a kakute f4 but am currently only using it for the gps/osd/fpv and ground control station elements and running the tank from an Arduino board with openpanzer on it. I’m using an sbus receiver so both can receive the 16 channel inputs.
Kjaer79
Recruit

Post by Kjaer79 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Flight controller. I think you'll find my answer still applies. Each RC hobby has its own names and terms for the same sort of 'things'! We tend to refer to them as Multi Function Units or MFUs because that's what they are. In model planes l guess you have flight controllers.
Thanks i didt not know its Multi Function Units / MFU that the term is within the RC Tank world.
Kjaer79
Recruit

Post by Kjaer79 »

TxRx wrote: If you search for ardupilot or ardurover you can find out whether your particular flight controller has a premade image available for it. I’ve loaded it onto a kakute f4 but am currently only using it for the gps/osd/fpv and ground control station elements and running the tank from an Arduino board with openpanzer on it. I’m using an sbus receiver so both can receive the 16 channel inputs.
Thanks i will try that search.
And i have a Arduino Nano in the draw to.

But I have hoped to be able to control it without having to connect example an Arduino or other MFU.

and my desire was to hear the experiences of other people.

Return to “Other electronics”