Hooben VCU ( Elephant)

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Hooben VCU ( Elephant)

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

Is anyone familiar with the Hooben VCU for the Elephant? Does it use a separate receiver for use with any Radio?
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Hooben VCU ( Elephant)

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

No idea but I'll be at an RC tank evert this weekend in Shanghai that Hooben will be attending. I'll ask & let you know. May also get some intel on this coming Hetzer, T34/76 & other pending releases.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:No idea but I'll be at an RC tank evert this weekend in Shanghai that Hooben will be attending. I'll ask & let you know. May also get some intel on this coming Hetzer, T34/76 & other pending releases.
Coming hetzer and t34/76? WE DEMAND PHOTOS!
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:No idea but I'll be at an RC tank evert this weekend in Shanghai that Hooben will be attending. I'll ask & let you know. May also get some intel on this coming Hetzer, T34/76 & other pending releases.
1/10 :(
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

tomhugill wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:
1/10 :(
Ok, no photos needed.

Thanks for keeping my wallet safe, lol.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Sorry, should have mentioned scale. Look towards Clark for one or the other in 1/16 but that'll be a long ways off.

Nothing wrong with a 1/10 Hetzer - it'll look cool running alongside our crawlers later this year. Am picking up my new HG Humvee this weekend while in Shanghai.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Sorry, should have mentioned scale. Look towards Clark for one or the other in 1/16 but that'll be a long ways off.

Nothing wrong with a 1/10 Hetzer - it'll look cool running alongside our crawlers later this year. Am picking up my new HG Humvee this weekend while in Shanghai.
I agree, I just wish it was 1/16!
Snowwolflair
Private

Post by Snowwolflair »

X82d Pathfinder wrote:Is anyone familiar with the Hooben VCU for the Elephant? Does it use a separate receiver for use with any Radio?
Yes it can be configured to work with a standard receiver, but it is crap. :/

I have one working, the functionality is fine but the sound is terrible and is a simple sound loop with a click when it restarts. I am about to upgrade to a TK40 when post from Taiwan resumes.

I plan to re-task the Hooben unit into another model (without weapons) and use a separate proportional engine sound generator, an ARV of some type probably.

There was a HETZER based recovery vehicle I think that might be a good option.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Maybe they will show Cromwell and Merkava? :)
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

The show that he was attending Kaczor was back in 2019 so I doubt we'll be seeing their new stuff at any shows for a little while longer yet :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Other electronics”