Convoy Light Hook Up?

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Convoy Light Hook Up?

Post by Jimster »

Correct. I’ve found out that there are many differences between initial production Tiger 1s and early, mid and late Tiger 1s. I just haven’t seen very many initial production Tigers modeled in 1/16 scale. So far all of my first rc tank modeling efforts have paid off. I’ve spent many hours of internet research and looking at tons of photos. I still learn something new almost daily and make changes accordingly.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

I know this is a old thread but I’m having a bit of a issue, I bought the later cylinder type tail light from forgebear and have the taigen v3 board and actually was going to reluctantly wire into the front headlight. I too didn’t notice there is a “taillight” plug until I saw this post searching for some other possibilities to wire it up. I had already cut the headlight wires and tested it, worked fine but I did not solder it, I had the right size plug for the taillight plug on the v3 board with wires attached already and spliced them together but it does not come on! When I kill the “engine” on the receiver and leave the power switch on it will then light up flashing. All other functions of the tank work as they should. Any ideas?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I'm a wee bit confused. Have you hooked both the headlight and the taillight from Forgebear together?

I would leave the headlight wired just as originally. I would connect the taillamp to the taillamp position on the Taigen V3 board. I would guess that the taillamp would come on after the start-up sequence and stay on until the shut down sequence.

Can someone jump in and help here?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
In the past versions of the Taigen MFU, the rear convoy or any added tail light would only come on when the tank was being driven in reverse. Is this still the case? I now wire the convoy light with an added plug and use the small plugin where you would add any external signal device. Works very well!
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Routing the power cable internally.jpg
Routing the power cable internally.jpg
The Socket for External Signal was used to power the rear convoy light..jpg
The Socket for External Signal was used to power the rear convoy light..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I'm a wee bit confused. Have you hooked both the headlight and the taillight from Forgebear together?

I would leave the headlight wired just as originally. I would connect the taillamp to the taillamp position on the Taigen V3 board. I would guess that the taillamp would come on after the start-up sequence and stay on until the shut down sequence.

Can someone jump in and help here?
The front headlight is the taigen headlight I didn’t wire in a new one. I cut those wires and tested the connection there to potentially use as the power source for the rear taillight I got from forgebear. I decided I didn’t really want another upper hull connection so I started looking into other places. I did try the taillight spot on the v3 board but it’s only coming on in reverse I discovered.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
In the past versions of the Taigen MFU, the rear convoy or any added tail light would only come on when the tank was being driven in reverse. Is this still the case? I now wire the convoy light with an added plug and use the small plugin where you would add any external signal device. Works very well!
regards,
Painless
Yes seems to be only coming on in reverse! This almost had me pulling my hair out :lolno: as I did not know it was supposed to be this way. I’m definitely going to try that external signal spot but I just realized I don’t have a connector that small..
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

PainlessWolf do you know the size of that plug connector?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think that is a JST Micro, About £5 for a pack of 100 from E-Bay.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

Also forgot to mention I did try to tap into the two wires that supply the smoker but I got nothing, it wouldn’t light up.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello!
Jarndice has the right of it. I am going to order some myself as I just ended up a search in parts and spares and found none. As far as sizing, the space between the pins on the boards male connection is 1.0mm . Makes these the Mini Micro type of JST. I need to resupply so may as well order those ( China shipping )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other electronics”