Heavy duty 24v dc motor control.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
lady.tigger
Recruit

Heavy duty 24v dc motor control.

Post by lady.tigger »

As most will know I am building a AFV, the question is can I ask for ideas for speed controlling these motors, unlike a Tank both can be run at the same speed, they are 24v 500w with gearbox, I have an idea using PW Modulation, but cant find anything to handle the power, someone out there will have a better idea I am sure, I have in fact been working on a three speed gearbox, that is maybe the way to go. Regard's Mike. :thumbup:
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Heavy duty 24v dc motor control.

Post by tomhugill »

Electronize do the ESC that many 1/6 tanks run on and can handle upwards of 24v
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

OK, found a 30 amp esc, it seems I need a separate low volt supply. and have to find out how to do the reverse bit.
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Hi, I need help and advise regarding ESC's as I know nothing about how they work,
What I do know is they can be RC controlled and that's about all. can I tell you what I need to control, I have Two large motors with box's from a Invacare xr2, left and right independent control not req, just variable speed both forward and backwards, because they can draw 25amps each it is obvious it needs heavy control,can someone help. thanks.
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Am I right in thinking that out of 120 views on this subject that nobody knows about ESC's and if they can do what i want them too, well I am agast. :'( :S
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Have you looked for 6s lipo battery esc? They take just short of 24v and up to 120 amps continuous. The only problem might be finding one for brushed motors. They are used in high performance 1/8 scale RC cars. amongst other things. I found this. https://www.robotshop.com/uk/sabertooth ... xsQAvD_BwE
Whether it is of any use to you I have no idea
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Thank you for the interest, will look at this now. Regard's.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

This is my 1/6 Hetzer with an all metal lower.

It runs on 6S lipo batteries with 24 volt 350 watt motors and I use a sabertooth 2x32 to control the drive. It works great and I've never had trouble with it. I also have a friend in Kentucky that owns several Armortek 1/6 tanks (Panther, PIV, Tiger, FAMO, etc) and he runs the sabertooth in several of his tanks and, like me, he swears by them. It also has a 5V BEC to power the receiver.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

One more thing, the link Surfer gave is for the 2x25, but when I got my 2X32 it was the same price as the 2X25 so I went for the 2x32 for the higher amperage rating.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
lady.tigger
Recruit

Post by lady.tigger »

Thank you that's a great help, now I know the direction to go, infact because of the size of the motors i had considered the larger ESC, because I know nothing of these unit's it was a dip my toe in the water and get some kind of help from you guy's, did a fair amount of RC back in the 60s but up too today's tech's it was very crude, and at 75 years of age it's difficult to get my head around it all sometimes, thank you to all. :thumbup:
Very nice model by the way, lot's of work and tech's gone into that, :thumbup: :clap:

Return to “Other electronics”