Larger speaker size

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Larger speaker size

Post by jimbo_wa »

Wanting to upgrade my Taigen speaker to something a bit more meaty I found the Monacor SP-45/8 (78x78mm) - all 418g of it!

It's a bass/midrange speaker and once enclosed, I'm hoping that it will deliver the goods...

I realise that it's a 8ohm, so will be harder for the sound card to drive, but I'll be swapping to a DasMikro sound card and separate amp when they finally arrive from China. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Larger speaker size

Post by midlife306 »

I’d seriously keep looking for a 4ohm speaker or two, all car stereo speakers are 4ohm so there are plenty out there.
The speaker you’ve found looks bob on for the application just a downer on the ohm rating.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Remember about proper wooden or plastic box for speaker. In my case was little overkill ;)
Attachments
IMG_20190221_164331-1435x807.jpg
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
You guys need to chat with Maxmekker here on the Forum. He provides custom, sized to fit 4 ohm speakers and boxes for these tank builds. The sound is fantastic out of them. I use them in conjunction with CLARK boards and it is night and day compared to stock.
regards,
Painless

Some pics of Max's speakers in use ( Click to enlarge )
Attachments
After this picture, I blacked out the speaker screws and added a line of tape across the back.jpg
Another angle.  Lots to do there but plenty of room still..JPG
A shot of the lower electronics mounting.  There is more wire management to do once the RX arrives..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Wayne, for some reason the Monacor 4ohm speakers are double the price of the 8ohm (they are recommended by Benedini). I think I'm right saying that it will just be quieter for a given volume?

Kaczor and Painless, I'm a bit space limited in my build (T-34/85) and only just have room for the Open Panzer board on the side of the speaker enclosure!

Sound card will be between the battery and speaker, ESC's will be in between the gearboxes...

No smokers in my builds!Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
midlife306

Larger speaker size

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Jimbo,
Yes 8ohm will be much quieter than 4ohm, personally I’d pay the extra for the 4ohm, it’ll be worth every pennyImageImage
Cheers
Wayne

Edit, a lot of people use these!

Visaton FR7 4 Ohm Fullrange Round Speaker 6.5cm Diameter https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2512671499

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Other electronics”