New generation plug board.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
jarndice
Colonel

New generation plug board.

Post by jarndice »

I have stripped out an old Heng Long PZ4 plastic/abs hull I now need to convert all the wiring and JST plugs to conform to 2.4 Gig,
I have a choice of three different plug blocks for the Tank Body,
An 8 Pin socket with below it a 3 pin socket for the turret cable and on the right 2 points to solder the turret rotation motor too, and on the left 3 points to solder the radio operators mg and the headlights,

The next plug block is an 8 pin underneath is a 3 pin socket in the centre on the right is a 2 pin socket which I assume is for the turret rotation motor and on the left is 3 points for soldering the radio operators mg and the headlight.

Finally I have a plug block with an 8 pin socket on the top, on the left is a 3 pin socket which I assumed was for the Turret elevation and the airsoft gun, next is a 2 pin socket for I assumed the lights, then next to that another 2 pin socket for what I thought would be the mg and on the far right is a 2 pin socket for what I planned to be the turret rotation motor.
And then I went to ---

http://www.rctank.de/latest-HL-plug-upp ... generation

Which shows the last of my three plug boards and has labelled each socket,
8 pin at the top feeds the V2/3 Control Board,
Then under the 8 pin socket is the 3 pin socket on the left which is labelled MG 3 pin Plug,
Next to that is a 2 pin socket labelled Turret Left/Right,
Beside that socket is another 2 pin which is labelled Gun Barrel Up/Down
And on the right is a socket labelled Lights.
I have not seen the wiring of the latest 4th Generation Heng Long Tanks so I have to assume it has changed from a single two wire cable for the MG into a 3 wire cable for the MG,
Then a three wire cable for the turret into a pair of two wire cables, One set for each socket,One for elevation and One for the main guns operation,
With the lights in the last socket.
What I want to know is has RC Tank got the labels correct or can I use the five plug board the way I want with the 3 pin socket for the main gun elevation and main gun firing,
And the other 2 pin sockets for the radio ops MG and the headlights and the turret rotation motor ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: New generation plug board.

Post by General Jumbo01 »

About a year ago l updated a KT from HengLongs v3.0 2.4ghz system to v5.3. I assumed it would be simple but wasn't! In the end l used a meter to identify what each socket/cable carried current when a function was operated on the transmitter and then identified what each cable in the turret was connected to.

Rather stupidly, although l drew a wiring diagram from what l found l then binned it when the job was completed. If you have a meter its fairly straight forward BUT l do remember that it was necessary to add a permanent live supply to one of the turret functions, maybe the firing function.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New generation plug board.

Post by jarndice »

Thank you sir,
I am going to try the second plug board to see if that works as I want.
The third plug board appears to be too 4th generation specific and would entail rewiring the turret.
I am only converting an old PZ4 to 2.4 I see no reason to make life harder.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Other electronics”